School of Education Educators Rising Summit
March 1, 2023
Educators Rising Summit
The 6th Annual Educators Rising Wisconsin Summit was held on March 1, 2023. Students from all over the state convened at the host site, UW-Stevens Point, for a day of top-notch speakers and optional competitive events where they showcased their developing career-related skills.
- Becky Bachman: Conference Coordinator at Wisconsin Education Association Council (WEAC)
- Perry Cook, Ph.D.: Professor and Director, Harju Center for Equity in Education at UW-Stevens Point School of Education
- Valerie DeVries: Educators Rising Wisconsin Competition and Judge Coordinator and teacher at Wisconsin Rapids School District
- Leah Lechleiter-Luke: Educators Rising WI State Coordinator (WEAC) and teacher at School District of Mauston
- Leighanne Metter-Jensen: Sheboygan South
- Jesse Mossholder: Associate Lecturer at UW-Stevens Point School of Education
- Jennifer Plitzuweit: Muskego-Norway
- Ruth Stenz: Sheboygan North
- Emily Wahlquist, M.S.: Student Success and Programs Coordinator at UW-Stevens Point School of Education
Discover Your Purpose at UW-Stevens Point
UW-Stevens Point is proud to welcome students to campus!
Educators Rising Wisconsin
Educators Rising Wisconsin is the local version and state affiliate with Educators Rising. Membership in a professional organization provides resources, a sense of community and belonging, and the opportunity for reciprocal learning. The experience can be brought to students in a curricular, extra-curricular or co-curricular pathway with flexible scheduling to meet the needs of teacher leader and students. Curriculum for this experience was written by a team of Wisconsin educators in summer 2020, and is anchored in Educator Rising and Wisconsin Teacher Standards. The curriculum is offered free of charge, and may be found on the Wisconsin DPI website.
Thank you to our sponsors!