School of Education Add-on Teacher Certifications
Level up your teaching credentials
Are you a teacher looking to try something new? Do you want to add to your resume and expand your professional portfolio? At UW-Stevens Point we offer a variety of add-on teacher licensure/certification programs so you can choose the right program for you. We offer online, interactive classes that will provide opportunities for you to examine and enrich your personal and professional goals.
- experienced and passionate faculty
- program designed for full-time working individuals
- incorporate a Master’s in Education degree with an Add-On Teacher Licensure/Certificate
Add-On Teacher Certifications
Flexible, Personalized, 100% Online View All
I have a teaching license
To enroll in an add-on teacher licensure/certification program, you must already hold a teacher license/certification in another teaching area as determined by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI).
I don’t hold a teaching license
If you do not hold a teaching license/certification, our Accelerated Teacher Licensure/Certification Programs would be an excellent option for you.
Looking to add additional grade levels/ages? Certification areas not listed above? Ask us how! We will review your transcripts at no cost to you.
Please contact Maggie Beeber, UWSP Certification Officer, at 715-346-2040. For a complete list of certifications available through UWSP, please see Academic Programs and Courses. Individual certification outlines should be requested for each add-on certification. There is no fee for requesting and receiving certification outlines.
By the Numbers
Add-On Teacher Licensure/Certifications
Per Credit + Fees
Add a Master’s in Education
Are you interested in earning your Master’s in Education? Why not use the credits from this add-on licensure/certification to count towards your degree? The M.S. in Education degree requires 30 graduate credits, and these courses can be used to count towards your degree. Learn more about our master’s degree and how you can earn both a degree and an add-on licensure/certification at the same time.
Tuition and Costs
We recognize that cost is essential when determining which program is best for you. Tuition, segregated fees, and a distance education fee combine to determine the program’s total cost, and each item is priced on a per-credit basis. There is an additional $25 administrative fee per semester of enrollment. For questions about tuition or more information, please reach out to Student Financial Services.
Students working towards their master’s in education degree, are considered degree-seeking and are eligible for financial aid.
UW-Stevens Point’s teacher education programs are accredited by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
The United States Department of Education requires institutions that provide distance education to disclose information for programs leading to professional certification or licensure about whether each program meets state educational requirements for initial licensure or certification. Following is this disclosure information for this program:
- The requirements of this program meet Certification/Licensure in the following states: Wisconsin
- The requirements of this program do not meet Certification/Licensure in the following states: Not applicable
- The requirements of this program have not been determined if they meet Certification/Licensure in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming; District of Columbia; American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands