School of Education Graduate Programs
Enhancing your educational goals
At the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point we understand that our students are looking for a program to meet their needs. After listening to the needs of our teachers and our communities we have created a variety of programs to help our students achieve their goals. Whether you are looking to advance your professional career by earning your master’s or doctoral degree, earning your initial teaching licensure/certification, or adding on another teaching licensure/certification to your resume, we have you covered.
UW-Stevens Point School of Education prides itself on providing personalized support, being highly responsive to student needs, and always integrating practical, evidence-based curriculum and instruction. Our programs can be completed fully online to accommodate the needs of today’s adult learners. Our instructors consistently achieve exemplary ratings and strive to utilize innovative instructional strategies in an online environment. We are available to assist our students and care deeply about their needs.
Who should apply?
Anyone who is interested in advancing their careers in education and teaching is welcome to apply. Prospective students are eligible for certain programs based on their previous experience, degrees, license/certifications, and other qualifications. Please see each program’s requirement to determine if you are eligible for the program. Not sure where to begin? Do you already have a teaching license?
Degrees and Certificates
The UW-Stevens Point School of Educations offers a variety of graduate programs designed for the full-time working professional with the flexibility to complete your program online.
Ed.D. in Educational Sustainability
M.S. in Education
Equity and Inclusion in Education
Trauma and Resilience
By the Numbers
Accelerated Teacher Licensure/Certification Programs
Add-On Teacher Programs
Accelerated Teacher Licensure/Certification Programs
Are you hoping to earn your initial teaching licensure/certification? Do you have a non-teaching bachelor’s degree? Maybe you have a teaching license with stipulations (emergency license)? Or are you simply hoping to make a career change and want to move into the world of teaching?
Elementary Education Accelerated Teacher Certification
Special Education Accelerated Teacher Certification
Family and Consumer Sciences
Add-On Teacher Certifications
Flexible, Personalized, 100% Online View All
Tuition and Costs
We recognize that cost is essential when determining which program is best for you. Tuition, segregated fees, and a distance education fee combine to determine the program’s total cost, and each item is priced on a per-credit basis. There is an additional $25 administrative fee per semester of enrollment. For questions about tuition or more information, please reach out to Student Financial Services.
Students enrolled in an add-on licensure program are considered non-degree seeking and will not be eligible for financial aid. If students combine their Add-on licensure with the master’s in education degree, they are degree-seeking and are eligible for financial aid.
Meet your Faculty and Staff
Our instructors consistently achieve exemplary ratings and strive to utilize innovative instructional strategies in an online environment. We are available to assist our students and care deeply about their needs.
- Associate Professor – Special Education
- Director – School of Education Graduate Programs
- Liaison – Project Search
- College of Professional Studies Diversity Task Force
- Assistant Professor – Education
- Reading Director
- Reading Methods & Elementary Social Studies Methods
- Associate Professor – Physical Education
- Program Coordinator – Physical Education major, Health Education minor, Adapted Physical Education Certificate
- Associate Professor – Family and Consumer Sciences
- Coordinator – Family and Consumer Sciences Education Program (Undergraduate and Graduate)
UW-Stevens Point’s teacher education programs are accredited by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
The United States Department of Education requires institutions that provide distance education to disclose information for programs leading to professional certification or licensure about whether each program meets state educational requirements for initial licensure or certification. Following is this disclosure information for this program:
- The requirements of this program meet Certification/Licensure in the following states: Wisconsin
- The requirements of this program do not meet Certification/Licensure in the following states: Not applicable
- The requirements of this program have not been determined if they meet Certification/Licensure in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming; District of Columbia; American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands