TRIO, a U.S. Department of Education grant-funded program, offers a wide range of support to eligible UW-Stevens Point at Wausau students, including ongoing advising, study skills coaching, and individualized math and writing instruction. TRIO provides a community of support on campus for students who want to be successful at the college level.
To be eligible for TRIO, students must be enrolled at UW-Stevens Point at Wausau and meet one of the eligibility criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has obtained a four-year degree)
- Meet certain income requirements (eligible for a Pell grant through financial aid)
- Have a documented learning or physical disability.
TRIO is not a one-size-fits-all program. We work with each individual student to provide the support and information you need to be successful at UW-Stevens Point at Wausau and transfer to a four-year campus.
- Individualized professional support in your math and English classes
- Academic and personal advising
- Financial aid advising and help with FAFSA and other scholarship applications
- Transfer advising and four-year campus visits
- Study skills coaching and advice about how to approach your classes
For more information about the TRIO program, please contact
Miranda Gentry-Siegel at 715-261-6184.