Department of Military Science Scholarships and Giving
Army ROTC Scholarships
Army ROTC offers four-year, three-year, and two-year scholarships based on merit and current funding. Scholarships pay for either the full tuition and fees or room and board, plus $1,200/year for books, and a $300-500/month subsistence stipend based on your ROTC academic standing.
Benefits of joining ROTC:
- ROTC scholarships pay for tuition and fees, up to $20,000 annually.
- Current UWSP tuition for Wisconsin residents is $6,199.66/year.
- Recipients may choose to apply the scholarship towards room and board.
- ROTC pays a tax free stipend of $420/monthly for all contracted members.
- ROTC pays a book payment of $1,200/annually.
- ROTC adds a $350/month Kicker to GI Bill Payments—for prior military service members.
- Commissioned Lieutenants have the option of joining the Active Duty, National Guard or Reserve forces after graduation.
- Currently new lieutenants earn around $46,000 a year with Basic Allowances.
- Other benefits may also be available, including a $10,000 bonus.
How do I apply and qualify for a scholarship?
- Minimum of a 2.5 GPA and 19 ACT or higher to apply for scholarships.
- Complete a Medical Screening.
- Have good strength and endurance.
- Have the willingness to serve as an Army Leader after college.
- Go to www.goarmy.com/rotc to apply online for the high school scholarship.
We invite all interested students to experience a Military Science class and see what it is all about (taking a class requires no commitment to the program).
If you would like scholarship or enrollment information about the ROTC program contact our main office at 715-346-3821 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alexander H. Reeder Memorial Fund
The Alexander H. Reeder Memorial Fund awards an annual scholarship to an ROTC cadet in honor of Alexander H. Reeder, who passed away in 2014. The selected recipient will be a cadet who best exemplifies balanced strength in the areas of scholarship, athletics and leadership, and who passionately supports “the team.” These are all characteristics that Alex will be remembered for.
Reeder’s Ruck March
The Ranger Club and the ROTC program at UW-Stevens Point hosted an 8-mile ruck march/walk each spring in order to raise funds in support of the Alex Reeder Memorial Scholarship Endowment.
DEPARTMENT OF MILITARY SCIENCE
Giving Back to UWSP
We are grateful to the many alumni and friends who have chosen to give back by contributing to our program. Your gifts can significantly change a student’s life.