College of Letters and Science
IT Operations Certificate
Advance Your Career in IT management. 100% online.
The UW Graduate Certificate in IT Operations helps you build the skills you need to step into roles such as project manager, technical project manager, and senior IT project manager. Become a skilled leader in planning and implementing IT processes across organizations.
What You’ll Learn
The certificate curriculum was expertly designed to focus on project management in the context of technology functions. Topics of study include:
- Traditional PMBOK techniques such as project identification, selection, and procurement
- Cost/schedule preparation and monitoring
- Agile IT project management
- Business analysis function in the modern IT organization
Why Enroll in Graduate Certificate for IT Operations?
IT project management requires strong project management skills. The University of Wisconsin Graduate Certificate in IT Operations teaches you how to successfully lead and manage teams working to implement organization-driven IT solutions. Learn how to structure a team, implement tools, develop timelines and budgets, perform business analysis, and support strategic goals.
Choose a Home Campus
The IT Operations Graduate Certificate is a partnership of UW Extended Campus and UW-La Crosse, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Parkside, UW-Stevens Point, and UW-Superior
WHAT TO EXPECT?
The Graduate Certificate in IT Operations represents an in-program certificate and credential within the existing and well-established MS in Information Technology Management (ITM) program. The certificate program is offered as a fully online, asynchronous curriculum comprised of three existing foundational courses (9 credits) within the ITM curriculum.
All course content is delivered through the program’s online learning management system. Students must earn a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA in certificate coursework. We’ve developed a superior virtual lab for students to remotely access dozens of tools such as SQL Server and Tableau.
Applying to the IT Operations Graduate Certificate program
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or higher undergraduate GPA
- Completed coursework with a “C” or better—or demonstrated sufficient knowledge—in programming (object oriented, modern language), database, and computer networking. Program academic directors have the option to waive a prerequisite based, in part, on student work experience and background. Technical certifications such as Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, AWS, Cisco, or professional experience may be used in lieu of formal coursework to demonstrate proficiency at the discretion of the academic adviser at the student’s home campus. If you need to complete prerequisite coursework, this pre-approved list of options may assist you. Please contact an enrollment adviser for details.
- Your resume
- Two letters of recommendation (can be professional or academic)
- Up to 1,000 word statement of personal intent describing your decision to pursue the degree and what you believe you will bring to the information technology management field
- No aptitude test (GRE, GMAT) requirements
*Campuses may waive some of these requirements as part of the comprehensive application process.
This program welcomes online students from around the world. Online students do not qualify for an F-1 Student Visa to travel to the U.S. but instead can participate in our online courses remotely. If your native language is not English and/or you attended school outside of the U.S., you will likely need to provide proof of English language proficiency and an official translation or evaluation of academic transcripts.
The IT Operations Graduate Certificate is approved by the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents and is pending approval by the Higher Learning Commission.
Related Graduate Certificates: