College of Letters and Science
Enterprise Infrastructure Certificate
The UW Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Infrastructure helps you build the skills you need to step into roles such as infrastructure manager, solutions architect, information technology operations manager, system engineer, technical manager, information technology supervisor, information technology manager, system administrator and director of information technology.
- Developing, managing and supporting data-driven decision making
- Incorporating data science into IT project workflows
- Examining the full range of services available to organizations
- Strategies for the successful implementation of innovative technologies
- Exploring technical, administrative, ethical and physical aspects of IT security
Why Enroll in Graduate Certificate for Enterprise Infrastructure?
The University of Wisconsin Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Infrastructure focuses on the real-world applications and practices that support the day-to-day technical operations of business functions. Deepen your knowledge of the technology side of IT management and learn the state-of-the-art tools and software used to run IT applications on a large scale in contemporary business environments. You’ll gain expertise in data science, cloud computing, enterprise applications, risk management and cybersecurity. Prepare to feel more confident leading an IT team.
Choose a Home Campus
The Enterprise Infrastructure Graduate Certificate program is a partnership of UW Extended Campus and UW-La Crosse, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Parkside, UW-Stevens Point, and UW-Superior
WHAT TO EXPECT?
All course content is delivered through the program’s online learning management system. Three courses are required for completion of the certificate. Students must earn a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA in certificate coursework. All courses are 100 percent online and asynchronous. We’ve developed a superior virtual lab for students to remotely access dozens of tools such as SQL Server and Tableau.
Applying to the Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Infrastructure program
- Completed coursework with a “C” or better—or demonstrated sufficient knowledge—in programming (object oriented, modern language), database, and computer networking. Program academic directors have the option to waive a prerequisite based, in part, on student work experience and background. Technical certifications such as Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, AWS, Cisco, or professional experience may be used in lieu of formal coursework to demonstrate proficiency at the discretion of the academic adviser at the student’s home campus. If you need to complete prerequisite coursework, this pre-approved list of options may assist you. Please contact an enrollment adviser for details.
- Your resume
- Two letters of recommendation (can be professional or academic)
- Up to 1,000 word statement of personal intent describing your decision to pursue the degree and what you believe you will bring to the information technology management field
- No aptitude test (GRE, GMAT) requirements
*Campuses may waive some of these requirements as part of the comprehensive application process.
This program welcomes online students from around the world. Online students do not qualify for an F-1 Student Visa to travel to the U.S. but instead can participate in our online courses remotely. If your native language is not English and/or you attended school outside of the U.S., you will likely need to provide proof of English language proficiency and an official translation or evaluation of academic transcripts.
The Enterprise Infrastructure Graduate Certificate is approved by the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents and is pending approval by the Higher Learning Commission.
Related Graduate Certificates: