Admissions for Cohort 3
Open through Feb. 6, 2019
Welcome to the Admissions Process!
- Completion of a master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university at time of orientation
- Life and/or professional experience related to educational sustainability
- Evidence of self-direction
- Previous relevant academic experience to area of interest
- Proficient writing skills
- Comfortable with learning online and technology
apply to the Ed.D. in Educational Sustainability at UW-Stevens Point, first complete the graduate application through the
UW System website. Once your completed application (required to include all official post-secondary transcripts) is received by the UW-Stevens Point
Admissions Office, you will receive notice from the Admissions Office stating your application has been received and will be forwarded to the School of Education.
- Once you receive this notification from admissions, send all post-secondary transcripts to the
Admissions Office. A master's degree is required by the time you begin orientation. All official post-secondary transcripts are
required. Follow up with the Admissions Office until confirmed receipt of all transcripts.
- Submit a 1,200-1,500-word letter of intent addressing the following questions:
- Given the sustainability challenges we face in the world, choose one area you foresee yourself studying, researching or acting on in this degree program?
- What are your life and/or professional experiences related to your potential area of study and how do you envision the field of Educational Sustainability will advance or support your life and/or career goals?
- Describe your readiness and strengths you will bring to a cohort-based, interactive online learning environment.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vita (CV).
copy of transcripts (you will also send official transcripts to Office of Admissions). The copy will allow us a complete package for the admissions committee.
- Submit name, phone, and email address of THREE references who can speak to your capabilities as a doctoral student.
Please submit all admissions materials (other than the UW System Application) all
at the same time as one packet, electronically to
PDFs are preferred. The deadline for admissions is
Feb. 6, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admissions for Cohort 3 after the Feb. 6, 2019 deadline. If you are missing information, you will receive a notice from our office. Admissions is rolling until the deadline which means you can apply at any time until the deadline. If it is received after the deadline, your application will roll over to the subsequent cohort admissions.
The Ed.D. in Educational Sustainability is a low-residency (4-5 days), online, cohort-based learning program. The low residency is held in the summer. The location may be UWSP and/or at an alternative location. Cost for residency room and board is between $350-$400 total for the 4 nights, 5 days and is included as a student fee.
Residency is required for each year of enrollment in the program. Our accreditation is approved with these residencies; therefore, it is mandatory per accreditation guidelines that students meet these requirements. For first year-students, it you are unable to attend, you may request to defer enrollment for the subsequent year. After the first year, exceptions to this policy will be considered on a case-by-case basis and only for extenuating circumstances. In this event, an alternative experience is required to meet the program learning outcomes.
Cohort 3 first-year residency will take place June 10-14, 2019.
This is an anticipated timeline and can be subject to change.
The UW Stevens Point School of Education initiated an early admissions enrollment process with Cohort 3. Students who submit completed applications to the program by the early admissions deadline will be prioritized for application review and decision by Dec. 21, 2018. Completed applications received after this date and by Feb. 6, 2019, will be considered based on space availability for remaining seats in the cohort.
||Aug. 6, 2018
||Nov. 2, 2018
|Early Admissions Committee Review||Nov. 2-Dec. 14, 2018|
|Early Admissions Student Notification of Admissions Decision||Week of Dec. 17, 2018|
(via email and U.S. mail)
|Early Student Admittance Signed Acceptance||Jan. 7, 2019|
|Admissions Closes||Feb. 6, 2019|
|Admissions Committee Review||Feb. 6-April 8, 2019|
|Student Notification of Admissions Decision
||Week of April 8, 2019
(via email and U.S. Mail)
|Student Admittance Acceptance (signed acceptance)
||April 22, 2019
|Student Waitlist Admissions Notification
||Week of April 29, 2019
|Student Waitlist Admissions Acceptance
||May 6, 2019
|Cohort 3 Student Orientation (Required Limited Residency)
||June 10-14, 2019
|Cohort 3 Classes Begin
||Tentative start date in first week of June