Admissions for Cohort II
Admissions is a multi-step process:
- Apply to the Ed.D. in Educational Sustainability at UW-Stevens Point. This is completed
through the UW System website. Once your completed application (including all official post-secondary transcripts) is received by our Admissions Office, you will receive notice from the director of admissions stating your application has been received and will be forwarded to the School of Education. There is a $56 fee for the application.
- A master's degree is required by the time you begin orientation. All official post-secondary transcripts are required. These are sent directly to the Admissions Office after you have completed the application.
- Send the following information to the School of Education Graduate Office:
- Please complete a letter of intent to the program in response to the following questions:
- Admission Assignment. In a 1200-1500 word letter of intent, please address the following questions:
Submit a current resume or curriculum vita (CV).Submit name, phone, and e-mail address of THREE references who can speak to your capabilities as a doctoral student.Any optional supporting documentation you would like to submit including GRE scores, statement of relevant/equivalent work experience, professional work samples.
- Explain your understanding of sustainability and how is education related to this understanding?
- Given the challenges we face in the world related to sustainability, choose one problem you foresee yourself studying, researching or acting on in this degree program?
- Describe your readiness for active participation in doctoral studies especially related to time-management, in a hybrid online, cohort-based learning environment.
Please forward all admissions materials (other than the UW System Application) all at the same time as one packet
, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
. PDFs are preferred. The deadline for admissions is Feb. 2, 2018
. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admissions for Cohort II after the Feb .2, 2018 deadline. If you are missing information, you will receive a notice from our office. You MAY submit all items other than the UW System Application (which will include all official transcripts) to email@example.com
at any time between now and Feb. 2, 2018.
The program is designed with an annual short-term residency on the UW-Stevens Point campus. All students in the doctoral program are required to attend
. Exceptions to this policy will be considered on a case-by-case basis and only for extenuating circumstances
. Cohort II, Year I residency (doctoral orientation) will take place on June 18-22, 2018
. Once you are admitted to the program we will forward a specific itinerary and information on where you can stay and travel to UWSP. This is an anticipated timeline and can be subject to change.
|Admissions opens||Aug. 1, 2017|
|Admissions closes ||Feb. 2, 2018|
|Admissions Committee Review||Feb. 2-March 30, 2018|
|Student Notification of Admissions Decision||Week of April 2, 2018 (via e-mail and US Mail)|
|Student Admittance Acceptance (signed acceptance)||April 13, 2018|
|Student Waitlist Admissions Notification||Week of April 16, 2018|
|Student Waitlist Admissions Acceptance ||April 30, 2018|
|Cohort II Student Orientation (Required Limited Residency)||June 18-22, 2018|
|Cohort II Classes Begin||June 25, 2018|