You’re worth it!
2019 Pointer Payback Scholarships
We value our students above everything else, so we invest heavily in their success. Pointer Payback scholarships are automatic (no separate application is required) and guaranteed to incoming first-year and transfer students who meet these eligibility requirements, based on available funding:
For first-year students
$2,000 in Pointer Payback with:
27+ ACT and top 25% or 3.50+ GPA
$1,500 in Pointer Payback with:
22+ ACT and top 25% or 3.50+ GPA
23+ ACT and top 30% or 3.30+ GPA
24+ ACT and top 35% or 3.10+ GPA
25+ ACT and top 40% or 2.90+ GPA
26+ ACT and top 45% or 2.70+ GPA
For transfer students
$1,000 in Transfer Payback with:
12+ transferrable credits and 3.25+ transfer GPA
Attention National Merit Finalists! - Please call the Director of Recruitment at 715-346-2441 to discuss special awards for students in this elite category.
Payback scholarships are one-time awards specific to the UW-Stevens Point main campus. Recipients must be U.S. citizens attending UW-Stevens Point at least half-time (6+credits per semester). Based on available funding.
Scholarships requiring an application
UW-Stevens Point (main campus)
Attention National Merit finalists! Call the director of recruitment and admissions at 715-346-2441 to discuss special awards for students in this elite category.
We offer additional scholarships that vary in value and requirements. This category includes noteworthy awards for:
These scholarships require a separate application that can be found here. For these awards, priority consideration will be given to students who have been admitted and submitted their scholarship application by November 15.
A full listing of these additional awards can be found here.
UW-Stevens Point at Marshfield
The University Foundation of UW-Stevens Point at Marshfield offers merit, non-merit and need-based scholarships to new, continuing and transfer students who have demonstrated qualities of excellence in academics and community service or who have financial need. For the 2019-2020 academic year, the University Foundation awarded scholarships totaling about $40,500.
University Foundation scholarships are funded through the generosity of local individuals, business and foundations.
For a list of scholarships, please contact the student affairs coordinator at 715-384-1717 or email@example.com. Send completed scholarship application by March 1 to:
UW-Stevens Poin at Marshfield
2000 W. 5th St.
Marshfield, WI 54449
For international students
Undergraduate International Students
Undergraduate international students who complete an application to study at UW-Stevens Point and submit all supplemental application materials are automatically considered for a partial scholarship. Scholarship awards range, on average, $1,000-3,000 per year and are renewable for students who maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher and fill out a scholarship renewal survey each year.
UW-Stevens Point is participating in the nation-wide
campaign to recognize international students who have a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding. Beginning fall 2019, UW-Stevens Point will award two annual renewable scholarships covering $8,000 per year for selected incoming international undergraduate students who are committed to furthering the #YouAreWeclcomeHere message and advancing intercultural learning at UW-Stevens Point and beyond. All academic majors and fields of study are welcome to apply.
- Be a first-year international applicant to the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Attend (and graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- Apply for admission to UW-Stevens Point and submit all required application materials.
- Complete #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship application, including a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video describing your aspirations to conduct projects, research, or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
- Submit UW-Stevens Point undergraduate
application and all required application materials by March 1st, 2019.
- Complete #YouAreWelcomeHere application and a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video describing your aspirations to conduct projects, research, or experiences that will advance intercultural learning at UW-Stevens Point. Submit application and email essay or video to
firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st, 2019.
- Respond to the scholarship award email to accept the scholarship by May 1, 2019.
The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship cannot be combined with the UW-Stevens Point undergraduate international partial scholarship.
Additional Financial Aid information
Closer to home, UW-Stevens Point is among the most affordable schools in the University of Wisconsin System. The quality of life here is high, and the cost of living is low.
Cost should not prevent you from attending university. From your first day at UW-Stevens Point to your last, our financial aid staff will help you secure grants, employment, loans and scholarships.
Our text rental program adds even more value to our affordable price. This benefit will save you thousands of dollars per year compared with purchasing your books!