Speech-Language Pathology Apply
Thank you for your interest in our graduate program. Please follow the instructions below to apply. Note the different application procedure for international students.
- Target graduate class size of 30 students
- Prerequisites for application
You should have completed coursework in the following:
- Normal communication development
- Anatomy and physiology of speech and language
- Articulation/phonology disorders
- Language disorders
- Speech and hearing science
- Aural rehabilitation
- Clinical procedures (and 25 hours of clinical observation)
- Plus coursework in human biology, statistics, social science, and physics or chemistry
- If you do not have a degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders and have not taken or are missing some of the prerequisite courses, you should contact Sondra Reynolds for further instructions.
- You may begin applying to the graduate program Aug. 15, 2022. The deadline for all application materials is Jan. 15, 2023. It is strongly recommended that you complete your application well before the deadline.
Select the following links for information about the Requirements for the Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Speech-Language Pathology Graduate Program Probable Sequence, as well as descriptions of the graduate courses.
Graduate assistantships are awarded based on academic success. Students who apply to the graduate program via CSDCAS will receive directions how to apply mid-January.
Current tuition and fee information is available at www.uwsp.edu/admissions. Tuition and fees are subject to change. If you have questions about loans or other sources of aid, visit the Financial Aid Office or call 715-346-3423.
You are welcome to schedule a visit to tour our facility and meet with CSD faculty, staff, and graduate students. If you have questions about the program, email Sondra Reynolds.
Julia Fischer, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Sondra Reynolds, CCC-SLP
Like us on Facebook
Instructions for Applicants
Application is a two-step process. You must apply both through CSDCAS and directly to UW-Stevens Point. If you fail to complete either part of the application process, your application will not be considered.
- Apply to the master’s program in speech-language pathology at UW-Stevens Point via the Communication Science and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) beginning Aug. 15, 2022. There are instructions on the CSDCAS site describing all the necessary application requirements. You will be asked to submit all transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and a statement of professional intent, as well as relevant professional and volunteer activities.
Do not send any application materials directly to the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
Send all official transcripts to CSDCAS, making sure that you request a transcript including your fall grades to:
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
- In addition to CSDCAS, apply for graduate study at UWSP via the online application at https://apply.wisconsin.edu and pay the fee if you are a U.S. citizen. If you are an international applicant, apply to UW-Stevens Point with the international application and submit application fee. The instructions can be found at: http://www.uwsp.edu/isso/Pages/applyNow.aspx. Send to:
International and Scholars Office
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
Stevens Point, WI 54481
You do not need to submit a separate transcript to UWSP at this time. You will need to submit a transcript later if you are accepted as a graduate student, but you will be informed about this as needed.
The deadline for all materials is Jan. 15, 2023, at both the CSDCAS site and the UW online site for an application to be considered. It is important to send materials as soon as possible after Aug. 15, 2022, to ensure they are received and processed by the deadline. Applicants are responsible for meeting all the deadline requirements. If an applicant does not submit all materials prior to the deadline, the application will not be valid.
If you have questions about submitting application materials, contact CSDCAS Customer Service Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. EST. The phone is 617-612-2030 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org.