College of Fine Arts and Communication
This minor is administered by the Department of Music.
If you are interested in a music minor, please contact the Music Department and consult with a music adviser regarding your musical objectives, music electives, and the recital attendance requirement.
Consists of 22-24 credits.
- Theory, 8 credits
- Applied lessons, 4 credits
- Large ensemble, 2 semesters
- Music electives, 8 credits
- Recital attendance requirement, no credit
Transfer students who have taken music courses at another institution and want to minor in music at UWSP will have the following additional requirements:
- GPA of 2.0 in music courses at UWSP and previous college(s)
- 4 credits of applied lessons from UWSP music faculty (with audition)
- Two semesters of UWSP large ensemble
- No placement test required if you have successfully completed required theory courses and has at least a 2.0 GPA at the previous institution
For more information visit the course catalog.
Auditions are required.
Contact the music department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-346-3107
The College of Fine Arts and Communication at UW-Stevens Point is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music. UW-Stevens Point in the only college in the state to hold national accreditation in all of its arts programs: Art and Design, Dance, Interior Architecture, Music, and Theatre, placing it in the top 7% in the nation.