Molly Roseman, Professor of Piano, whose playing has been described as “authoritative and artistic”, is a versatile performer taking on active roles as a soloist, chamber musician, and collaborative pianist. Her performances have taken her across the state, regional, and national levels. She is an active member of the Copernicus Piano Trio, a UWSP faculty chamber ensemble. For over 25 years, she has performed extensively as a member of the Roseman Flute/Piano Duo with flutist and husband, Jacob Roseman. They have been featured on Wisconsin Public Radio and various national and international radio outlets. Additional performances have taken them to many university and community recital series across the United States. She has been a featured soloist with various regional orchestras in the Upper Midwest such as the Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra, the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra, the Maple City Chamber Orchestra (IN), the UWSP Symphony Orchestra, and the UWSP Wind Ensemble.
Roseman has performed numerous times on WPR’s “Live at the Chazen” series and has appeared in such venues as the South Beach Up North Music Festival, the Atlanta Pro-Mozart Society, the Tallahassee Bach Parley Series, the National Flute Association Convention, the Wisconsin Music Teachers Association Convention, the Wisconsin Flute Festival, the Midwest Horn Workshop, and the International Saxophone Symposium. She performed many years with the Green Bay Symphony Orchestra where she held the post of principal keyboardist.
Roseman is a devoted educator and active member of Wisconsin Music Teacher’s Association. She regularly gives masterclasses and workshops across the region. Her interests include French piano music where she has studied in France with the distinguished Debussy/Ravel scholar and pianist, Paul Roberts.
Roseman holds degrees from Florida State University, the Eastman School of Music, and the University of Missouri-Kansas City Conservatory. She has studied under the tutelage of pianists Richard Cass, James Streem, and renowned conductor/pianist, Jeffrey Kahane. She has held teaching positions at Florida State University, Oklahoma Baptist University, Morehead State University, and the Wausau Conservatory of Music.
Interpretation and performance of Debussy and Ravel’s piano works
- Solo, chamber, and collaborative performances regionally and nationally.
- Appearances with Central Wisconsin Symphony and Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra.
- Collaborative performances for the American Suzuki Institute, Wisconsin and Florida Flute Festivals, Midwest Horn Workshop, National Flute Association Convention, Atlanta Pro-Mozart Society, Tallahassee Bach Parley, and the International Saxophone Symposium.
- Featured performances on Wisconsin Public Radio and WXPN Radio Philadelphia.
- Active performer with the Roseman Flute and Piano Duo.
- Frequent clinician and presenter for Wisconsin Music Teachers Association and regional organizations.
- Music Teachers National Association
- Wisconsin Music Teachers National Association
- Pi Kappa Lambda
- Phi Eta Sigma
Never take your education for granted. Soak up every opportunity to learn, ask, listen, collaborate, experiment, and get out of your comfort zone!