Brand owners generally prefer the natural look and feel of paper- and paperboard-based food packaging and service ware compared to plastic products. Already boasting favorable environmental characteristics, these products have high potential for even greater environmental advantages when it comes to end-of-life management. Although current performance sometimes is regarded as inferior to plastic in certain applications, that is changing as innovative coatings emerge from the laboratory and into the marketplace. These new developments may lead to greater market penetration for paper- and paperboard-based products in the food industry.
Focal Point, now in its sixth year, features presentations by accomplished industry professionals plus networking opportunities throughout the day. Hear brand owner perspectives and innovative ideas across the value chain. This year, expect to hear from Wendy's, Fox River Fiber, Daikin-America, Foodservice Packaging Institute, Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI) and more.
Speakers at this conference will:
- Highlight the recovery of fiber from coated board and describe
food-contact-compliant recycled fiber
- Present brand-owner perspectives on paper-based food packaging and serviceware items
- Provide insights from leading converting companies about future needs and trends in paper and paperboard packaging
- Describe a number of innovations targeting superior performance
- Share insights on regulatory aspects of food contact papers
- Update on standards and labeling for compostable paper products
UW-Stevens Point's Dreyfus University Center is the site for Focal Point 2016.
To be placed on an email list to receive information about the
2016 conference, to inquire about conference promotional or sponsorship opportunities, or with any questions about Focal Point, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org