Parent participation is essential to the success of the Suzuki Method, and the American Suzuki Institute has planned various activities to help parents fulfill their role. Parents attend lessons with their children and help them prepare for the next day’s classes.
The American Suzuki Institute is a family experience. Parents are expected to remain with their children during meals and leisure time, as well as during classes. Parents are responsible for the conduct of their children and the safety of their valuables while attending the Institute. All students and other children must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult during the Institute.
Free Master classes for Adults*
Have you often been a little envious of the time your child gets to spend improving their playing? Would you like to get your “chops” back in shape? Enroll in a masterclass for adults.
- Any level of achievement
- Complete the adult portion of the registration form
- July 16-22 master classes for adults in violin, piano and harp
- July 23-29 master classes for adults in violin, viola, cello, piano
- Prepare a polished piece
- Classes will not conflict with your student’s A class
- Class fee: $175
- *not recommended for first time ASI participants.
- Scheduled Monday-Thursday at 11:05am to coincide with the
- Topics may include Suzuki Philosophy, communication, parent-child interaction, goals, early childhood development, working with teenagers, and instrumental techniques and musicianship.
- You will receive a schedule of lectures upon check-in.
Every Child Can!
This course is an introduction to Dr. Suzuki’s Philosophy and its application to Suzuki education. It provides an inspiring in-depth look at the Suzuki approach.
- Advance registration is required
- 6-hour course being offered Sunday, July 16, 9:00 am-noon and 2:00-5:00 pm
- Class fee: $115