Brenda Lackey, Ph.D.
Phone: (715) 346-2076
Fax: (715) 346-3624
Office: TNR 182
A native of Illinois, Brenda worked as a park
ranger for eight years on the upper Mississippi River. Prior to
coming to UWSP in 2005, Brenda worked as Manager of Research and Program
Evaluation for Cleveland Metroparks. Her research interests include
environmental interpretation and communication, program evaluation, and visitor
studies. Brenda teaches interpretation courses at the university and serves as
a board member for the National Association for Interpretation. She co-authored
The Interpreters Guidebook and is an associate editor for the Journal of
- Ph.D., University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho, 2002. Area of specialty: Natural resources interpretation and communication.
- M.S., Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas, 1998. Area of specialty: Natural resources interpretation and communication.
- B.S., Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, 1988. Forestry major with emphasis in park management.
- National Association of Interpretation (NAI), 1989 to present
- NAI College/University Academic Section Committee Member, 2002 to present
- Associate Editor for the Journal of Interpretation Research, 2007-present