Due to a large number of applicants we are no longer accepting Service Leader applications for the Fall semester.
Do you have a passion for service? Do you like learning about social issues? Are you looking for a leadership opportunity that allows you to engage with your peers and community?
The Service Leader will have the opportunity
to build a strong relationship with specific community partners by leading a
group of volunteers once a month at a particular community partner site. Current community partnerships include:
Central Rivers Farmshed
Portage County Humane Society
North Crest Assisted Living
Additional sites may be considered
as the program develops
Service Leaders must make a semester-long commitment.
Service Events Leader Applications Now Open! Apply today!
Benefits of Becoming a Service Leader
- Turn a passion for helping others into valuable leadership, organization and volunteer experience for your resume
- Develop your leadership/public speaking/group facilitation/planning/communication (this list is endless) skills
- Expand your network of friends and career boosting contacts on and off campus
- Grow as a person and active citizen
- Participate in SIEO service events for free
- Become an active member of the UWSP community
- Potentially be qualified for the President’s Volunteer Service Award (dependent on number of total volunteer hours)