UW-Stevens Point is continuting to monitor the coronavirus outbreak. Please review the UWSP Emergency Management Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage for our campus information and resources.
For the most current travel warnings, please review the Department of State website and the interactive map of all travel warnings. Also, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has travel guidance and resources for travelers. Both sites should be reviewed and monitored if you have plans to travel.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________On August 20, Chancellor Gibson announced that the domestic travel suspension has been lifted. Specifically, the campus announcement read:
Travel – In-state travel restrictions on university-sponsored travel have been lifted. Vice chancellors or unit heads will continue to evaluate and approve the need for travel. Requests to travel out of state will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, while university-sponsored international travel remains suspended.
To this end, the below process information is offered to assist in upcoming travel plans.
- In-state travel will be processed per normal, pre-pandemic processing. Supervisor approval per department process should be obtained prior to traveling and a Travel Expense Report (TER) completed upon return. No interim travel request form is required. Additionally, no interim travel request form is required for virtual conference attendance.
- Out-of-state travel will need to be processed and documented through the Travel Authorization (TA) process within the Shared Financial System (SFS), selecting the Travel Authorizations tile (documentation attached). As part of the TA process, the traveler will need to add an attachment that includes Vice Chancellor approval for the travel. This documentation could be in the form of an email, a department created travel approval form, or the interim travel request form. The documentation should include information such as:
- Anticipated travel itinerary
- Number of travelers, students/staff
- Safety plans
- And other information that may be requested by the divisional VC
Upon return from travel, the TA will be used to create the TER.If VC approval is not attached to the TA, the travel expenses will not be reimbursed/paid.(Exceptions for documented VC approval attached to the TA will be made for Admissions, Advancement, and Athletics.)
- International travel remains suspended. However, note the below guidance regarding international travel, which includes arriving international students. Should an exception be made for international travel, the out-of-state travel process should be used (i.e., TA processed with documented VC approval). (Exception for documented VC approval attached to TA will be made for Study Abroad programs.)
International travel, including arriving international students
UWSP will follow CDC guidance - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html
- Fully vaccinated (with CDC EUA or WHO EUL COVID vaccine):
- Test 3-5 days after travel
- Self-monitor for symptoms; isolate and get tested if develop symptoms
- No quarantine
- Not fully vaccinated:
- Test 3-5 days after travel
- Quarantine after travel for 7 days with a negative test result on day 5 or later OR 10 days without a test; isolate and get tested if develop symptoms
- All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 viral test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.