UW-Stevens Point is continually monitoring the coronavirus outbreak. Please review the UWSP Emergency Management Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) webpage for our campus information and resources.
For the most current travel warnings, please review the Department of State website and the interactive map of all travel warnings. Also, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has travel guidance and resources for travelers. Both sites should be reviewed and monitored if you have plans to travel.
As more trips are being cancelled due to the Coronavirus, UW System has compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions; scroll to "Travel" to see questions related to reimbursement and procedures.:
TravelWise Frequently Asked Questions
Coronavirus Update #33 May 15, 2020- Decision on summer events postponed
While UW-Stevens Point leaders expected to make a decision by May 15 about holding events on campus after July 1, we continue to assess public health information from our counties and the state following the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruling Wednesday. Protecting the health of our campus and communities remains our top priority. We will provide an update by May 22.
University-sponsored travel has been suspended until August 1 as we continue to make plans for the fall.
Travel Updates – Concur Down & Travel Policy Updates (updated 6/17/2020)
Concur will be down from June 26th – July 1st. Although most will not be booking, if you have obtained a travel exception and need to urgently book travel, please contact a Fox World Travel agent directly.
Travel Policy Updates
Effective July 1st, the following changes to existing travel policies have been approved:
- Lodging Policy now allows for usage of Airbnb, and full prepayment on lodging. Third Party Bookings are still restricted (such as Expedia and Orbitz).
- VRBO and Home Away are also not allowed.
- Reimbursement is allowed for Passports (must have business purpose).
- Reimbursement for Real IDs is not an allowable expense.
- Vehicle Rental Policy now allows up to "mid-size SUV" to be rented without further explanation.
- Employees must resubmit and return expense report within 90 days.
- Any expenses that fall outside the 90-day rules will be considered taxable income. This rule applies if employees do not submit or resubmit after 90 days.
- Day trip meal allowance continues to be at $15/day. However, if meal is provided employees are now still eligible to claim the day trip allowance (to account for many travelers who have more than one meal during a "day trip" scenario).
New Travel Agency Vendors on July 1st
As a reminder, UW System will be switching individual travel from Fox World Travel to Travel Incorporated on July 1st. NCAA related travel will move to Short's Travel and group travel will be serviced by Fox World Travel. Agency contact information will be available on UW TravelWIse after July 1st.
To ensure travelers don't miss any transition information, sign up for the newsletter here!
Note: UW–Stevens Point travel is currently restricted through August 1st.
Travel Updates – Upcoming Trainings, Unused Tickets & New Agency Vendors on July 1st (updated 6/10/2020)
Even though travel is currently restricted through August 1st, there are several updates to share so when travel does return, you will be ready to takeoff. To receive monthly email updates about travel, sign up for the newsletter here!
Upcoming Travel Open Houses and Webinars
UW System is hosting a series of open houses as well as webinars in anticipation of our July 1, 2020 travel agency transition. You may register for these open houses on the UW TravelWIse website. Options include:
- General Travel Open House (hosted by UW System Admin Travel) – review of changes as well as time for open Q&A. We will also be touching on unused tickets and the process moving forward.
- Travel Incorporated Overview (hosted by Travel Inc.)
- Administrative Group Overview (hosted by Travel Inc.)
- Administrative groups are used when a departmental card is to be on file with the travel agency for guests to book under. Popular uses include candidate travel, student travel, guest/speaker travel. With Travel Inc, non-profiled guests will not be able to call in and book with the agency unless part of an administrative group.