1. The attendance roster pre-assigns all students as “Attending”.
If all your students are in attendance, click the "Update Attendance” button and you will have satisfied the commenced attendance policy of the university.
- If a student notified you that they will be absent - consider the student as attending.
- If you have not been contacted about a student's absence - you may report the student as never attended.
2. Reporting students as “Never Attended”
During the first eight days of the term, any student reported as "Never Attended" will be administratively dropped from the section within the next 1 to 2 business days. After the eighth day of the term, students will NOT be administratively dropped but the Attendance Roster may still be used to report students that have stopped attending class.
3. Reporting students that have stopped attending - “Last Attended on Date"
If a student has stopped attending class, use the Attendance Roster to report a "Last Attended on Date." Use your best estimate to select a last date of attendance.
- Students who have stopped attending will NOT be administratively dropped from a course.
- Students are officially responsible for dropping any of their enrolled classes. A student that stops attending will receive a grade of F if they did not officially drop the course during the semester.
- If a student that you reported as not attending begins attending class again, please update your Attendance Roster (before the end of the term) so that the student is listed as "Attending."
After you click Update Attendance, a message appear indicating the process has been completed. Click here to view messages. Each time you go back into the attendance roster and adjust attendance, you will need to click Update Attendance after you entered your changes.
- If a student is administratively dropped from a course, reinstatement into the same section or course is NOT guaranteed. To be reinstated, the student MUST submit a completed Add/Drop Form to the Enrollment Services Center (106 SSC) or the instructor may email the Enrollment Services Center at email@example.com (715-346-3300).
- Courses dropped during the first eight days of the term are considered a "Clear Drop" and will not appear on the student’s transcript.
- Only the instructor of record can enter attendance information.
- The Enrollment Services Center will email all students reported as never attending or stopped attending. If you have any questions about attendance reporting, please contact the Enrollment Services Center (106 SSC) at firstname.lastname@example.org (715-346-3300).