Skip to main content


Current Openings

Employment opportunities are listed on the UW-Stevens Point web page.

Student Employment

Working on campus is a good way to concentrate on your studies while earning money on the side. If you are employed at a campus job, you can work it into your class schedule. This will give you the flexibility that you need to be a successful college student.

Many times a campus job can fit your career interests and provide you with job experience in a particular field as well.

Steps to Get a Work Study Position
  1. Be sure you have been awarded and accepted "Work-Study" on your PRISM financial aid page.
  2. You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits during the semester.
  3. Schedule an interview with the supervisor listed with each position. At the interview,  hours and pay will be discussed.
  4. Fill out the student employment application and bring with you to the interview.  
  5. If you are hired for a position, pick up a Work-Study eligibility packet from the Campus Administrative Specialist or the Solution Center.
  6. You MUST return the completed payroll packet to the Campus Administrative Specialist to get put on payroll. In addition you'll have to complete and pass a background check.
  7. Students are responsible for entering their own work hours through the payroll system. Supervisors will approve all hours. Students get paid every two weeks through direct deposit. 

Available Positions
Work-Study Positions at UW-Stevens Point at Wausau
Regular Student Employment at UW-Stevens point at Wausau (Non-Work-Study)
Off-Campus Employment and Internships

Academic Year Positions
Hiring for the following positions usually takes place in August, although some positions may have openings throughout the year. Openings are listed with the position descriptions.

Student Employment FAQs

Why work on campus?
  • Work schedules are flexible and take into consideration your class schedule.
  • Wages are competitive with off-campus jobs.
  • It only takes a few minutes (and no gas) to get to your job.
  • Campus positions often fit your career goals.
Do I need to receive federal work/study money (financial aid) to apply?
Many of the departments only employ students who are receiving federal work/study because the federal government pays some of the wages.

For the work/study positions, you need to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be accepted before applying.

Who do I contact if I have questions?
For questions about the positions, call or e-mail the department contact for the positions that interest you.

What do I do if I am hired?
  • Fill out all the employment forms in the packet that you receive from your supervisor and return it to her/him.
  • Arrange training and work schedule with your supervisor.

Information for Current Student Employees

Use the My UW System portal for entering hours in your timesheet and obtaining your earnings statements.

The Timesheet Guide provides instruction on how to enter hours using the online timesheet.

Payroll Calendars
The UW Colleges Payroll Calendar includes pay periods and pay dates.


Website feedback
©1993- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point