• The student workers employed by Central Stores are an integral part of daily operations. Student staff is responsible for organizing orders prior to delivery and for delivering orders to campus destinations. They are a vital asset to Central Stores.
• The UWSP Central Store operational philosophy includes JIT (Just-In-Time) purchasing for less frequently used items and electronically controlled inventories for items having more frequent use histories.
• Maintenance items removed from Central Stores by Facility Services staff are electronically scanned and linked to an associated work order via the Facility Services CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
• The UWSP Central Store manages approximately 2778 unique stock items. The actual unit count for all of these products equals over 70,000 units.
• To assure the Central Stores inventory meets the needs of campus customers, it is checked annually and minimum/maximum stocking levels adjusted accordingly. Items that have no circulation during this period are systematically eliminated from stock.
• To assure inventory & accounting accuracy, Central Stores utilizes bar code and scanning for all items in inventory and conducts a minimum of one physical inventory reconciliation annually.
• In most cases, if items are available via state contract, Central Stores is bound to purchase the item from the contract provider (rare exceptions may apply). If items are not available via state contract, Central Stores staff will competitively quote the items to assure best pricing is obtained.
Expecting a package? What if I don't recieve my package?
Please notify Central Stores immediately by calling 715-346-4500 or sending an email to email@example.com (any available tracking information must be included). Notification of a missing package must be received by our staff within 5 business days of recipient/department receiving confirmation from the carrier that the package was delivered to Central Stores/Mail Services. If Central Stores/Mail Services cannot locate the package, the costs for items/material within the package will be refunded by Central Stores/Mail Services. All notifications of a missing package received by our staff after the 5 business day deadline will be the sole responsibility of the recipient/department.
For more information please visit our Mail Services website.