Welcome to the Academic and Career Advising Center (ACAC) in University College!
We provide effective academic and career advising service and resources. Our work directly supports academic programs and assists students in realizing their potential, achieving educational goals, and making successful transitions into careers. We are excited for every Pointer to embark on an engaged, fulfilling educational path.
Students will participate in quality academic experiences, will have opportunities to get involved, early and often, and will make professional connections with faculty, staff, and employers. Academic Advisers and Career Specialists support students in navigating resources, seeking out applicable experiences, and learning how to market experiences!
An Academic Adviser can help you…
- Clarify your interests, values, strengths, and skills
- Explore majors and careers
- Assist with goal setting
- Help with course selection and semester planning
- Discuss challenges inside or outside the classroom
A Career Specialist can help you…
- Navigate your career journey
- Research experiential learning opportunities
- Locate career resources and information
- Develop your professional self
- Market transferrable skills needed for professional pathways
Do you need help, and you are not sure where to start?
Contact our office, and we will guide you in the right direction!