​The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point Student Health Service is dedicated to preserving and promoting the quality of life for all students. This includes the six dimensions of wellness: Physical/Self-Care, Emotional Awareness and Acceptance, Occupational, Spiritual, Intellectual, and Social/Environmental.

The Student Health Service places a high priority on the prevention of illnesses and injuries. We have a commitment to provide prompt and high-quality medical care. Rehabilitation and follow-up treatment are provided for ongoing illnesses and/or injuries.​

For students, faculty, and staff who have recently traveled from West Africa
Although Ebola, also known as Hemorrhagic Fever or Ebola Virus Disease (EVD), poses little threat to the US general population and is very unlikely at UW Stevens Point, it’s important to be aware of any changes in your health if you have recently traveled to one of the countries where the Ebola outbreaks are occurring (Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria).
 1. Monitor your health for 21 days after you leave West Africa. Watch for fever > 101.5 F, headache, body aches, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and/or unexplained bleeding.
 2. If you become ill, call your primary health care provider immediately to discuss your symptoms, travel, and potential exposure before you go to the clinic or hospital. Students can also call Student Health Service at 715-346-4646.  
Avoid travel to affected areas.  The CDC has issued their highest level of travel warning against any nonessential travel to Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone including education-related travel, to the affected areas in order to facilitate control of the outbreak and prevent continued spread. A travel alert recommending enhanced precautions has been issued for travelers to Nigeria.
 What is UWSP doing?
Although the risk of exposure is unlikely, Student Health Service (SHS) is following CDC’s guidance for universities and has been in touch with a small number of students who come from, or who have traveled to, regions most affected by the Ebola outbreak. No students have been assessed as having had risk exposure.
SHS is accustomed to caring for students who have traveled internationally and uses the CDC-recommended protocols for screening, evaluation, isolation, and protective procedures. This screening process is applicable to any returning traveler.
To provide the most up-to-date information, SHS is staying closely connected to the Wisconsin Division of Public Health, the Portage County Health Department and other leading public health resources.
 From the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
•Questions & Answers on Ebola http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/guinea/qa.html
 •Advice for Colleges, Universities, and Students about Ebola in West Africa     http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/advice-for-colleges-universities-and-students-about-ebola-in-west-africa  
Our Mission: To provide student centered health care that empowers and promotes wellness for all UWSP students.


​Ebola Travel Notice
Click Here​ for More Information

 Hours & Location

7:45 AM - 4:30 PM
First floor
Delzell Hall
910 Fremont St. 
Medical emergency?
Call 911
Under 26? You may be eligible for health coverage under your parent's plan