Internship - Authorizing Students Screen
Key points regarding the Internship (IN) – Authorization of Student screen:
- Follow these steps to authorize students to enroll in IN sections:
Students will be sent an email automatically when you grant them authorization to register for the IN course. You will be notified automatically by email if students delete their IN authorizations. NOTE: New students (e.g., new freshmen and transfers) will not receive an email notice since they don’t obtain email accounts until they register.
- Select the term.
- Select the curriculum.
- Select the course and click Find. (Only IN courses appear in menu.)
- Enter the student’s ID# or SSN# and click Find Student.
- Verify that you have selected the right student.
- Select Section. (Authorizations must be granted for specific sections.)
- Enter the number of credits the student will earn for the IN
- Enter the name of the instructor that will work with the student.
- Enter the subtitle or topic of the student’s IN.
- Click on Authorize to process.
- Note that the student’s name will now appear on the list for that course and section.
The status of “IN-Auth” will change to “Registered” when students register for the section. The names of students that do not register will continue to show “IN-Auth” indefinitely.
The name of the person that granted the authorization and the date of the authorization will appear on the list.
If a student is authorized to enroll in an IN section, the IN authorization will serve also to approve the student to enroll in the section if it is closed or PR.
You may not authorize students for an IN section for more than the maximum credits your department allows for an IN project.