, Mathematics Education, University of WyomingM.S.
, Mathematics, Illinois State UniversityB.S.
, Mathematics, Illinois State UniversityCurriculum Vitae
Technology in education, misconceptions in mathematics, mathematics education.
- Using the Calculator-Based Ranger (CBR) Materials in the Middle School Classroom. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics 78th Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL April 2000.
- Using the Calculator-Based Laboratory (CBL) Materials in the Algebra Classroom. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics 77th Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA. April 1999
- The Golden Ratio: An Ideal Core Curriculum Topic. NCTM Regional conference. Denver, CO. February 1998.
- Pentominoes: An Exploration with Squares. NCTM Regional Conference. Milwaukee, WI. October 1997.
- The Golden Section: What is the “Best" Looking Rectangle? NCTM Regional Conference. Salt Lake City, UT. February, 1997.
- The IBM Mathematics Exploration Toolkit with Applications from the Secondary School. NCTM Regional Conference. Des Moines, Iowa. January 1992.
Honors and Awards
||UWSP Extension – For “Going the Extra Mile” supporting UWSP Extension Programming.|
||University of Wisconsin System PK-16 Initiative: CBL Materials in the Algebra Classroom. Funding for the second year of the project.|
||University of Wisconsin System PK-16 Initiative: CBL Materials in the Algebra Classroom. The project focused on using the Calculator-Based Laboratory (CBL) materials in the algebra classroom. The inservice training in this project was delivered via the Internet.|
||College of Letters and Science IT grant. The grant purchased additional CBL/CBR materials to be checked-out to preservice teachers during the field experiences.|
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)