Network/Application Maintenance Schedules
Information Technology would like to make you aware of the following standard maintenance windows for campus technology services. The schedules below have been established in the event maintenance is required and may not be used each week.
- The network will be unavailable due to maintenance from 4:00 am - 7:00 am on Wednesday mornings. Please make sure you are logged off during this time each week. Please restart your machine every Wednesday morning to establish a clean connection to campus network resources.
- Desire 2 Learn (D2L) may be unavailable due to maintenance between 5:00am - 7:00am on Thursday mornings.
Microsoft security and software patches will be automatically installed on all campus computers joined to the domain between 3:00 am and 7:00 am on the second Monday following the second Tuesday of every month.
Software and security updates for the applications mentioned below may occur between 11:30 pm and 7:30 am every day on all Windows 7 campus computers. **Please note if your computer is not connected to the UWSP network during this time and updates have been released, your device will download the updates almost immediately after connecting your computer to the UWSP network.
Required applications that will be updated:
- Secunia Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Alertus Desktop Alert
- Identity Finder
- Sassafras Key Access
- Verdiem Surveyor
Standard Load applications that will be updated:
- Adobe AIR
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Adobe Reader
- Java Runtime Environment
Optional applications that will be updated*:
- Adobe Creative Cloud**
- Apple iTunes
- Camtasia Relay Recorder
- Google Chrome
- Google Earth
- Mozilla Firefox
- Turning Point 2008
- VLC Media Player
- additional items dependent upon security vulnerabilities
*Optional applications are available for install through the UWSP Application Center on Windows 7 Standard Load computers. If you have installed any of these applications updates follow the schedule noted above. Network Menu on Windows XP computers may no longer contain these updates, so please upgrade at your earliest convenience to Windows 7.
**These applications are available for lease through IT Purchasing.