Majoring in Social Science
The Social Science major is an interdisciplinary major which allows students a broad range
of education in four areas of social science. This is not a professional education major, but
for students with varying interests in several related disciplines. Students choose one area
in which to minor and distribute the remaining credits in the major across three other social
Social Science Major (Non-Teaching)
- Complete a minor. Choose from: Anthropology,
Economics, History, Political
Science, Psychology, Sociology.
- Choose three social science fields listed below and earn 6 credits in each.
Do not include the field you have selected for your minor:
- Geography (human), consisting of Geography 110, plus 3 credits in human geography courses numbered 300 or above.
- History (in addition to history credits necessary to meet the general degree requirements).
- Political Science
- Sufficient additional credits to total 45 or more, with at least 15 in courses numbered 300 or above.
A listing of courses and course descriptions is available at the University Catalog.