Professional Associate Degrees
NEW! Coming Fall 2019 to UW-Stevens Point at Wausau
Associate degree courses prepare students to complete bachelor’s degrees. An associate degree from UW-Stevens Point at Wausau or Marshfield guarantees transfer to other UW institutions with all lower-division general education requirements completed. The transition is seamless to UW-Stevens Point’s main campus for a bachelor’s degree.:
- Provides basic knowledge in economics, accounting, finance, investments and financial planning
- Coursework applies to requirements for a B.S. in business administration or a B.S. in finance
Environmental Science and Management
- Provides introduction to ecological sciences and resource management practices
- Coursework applies to a B.S. in fisheries and water resources, forestry, resource management, soil and waste resources or wildlife ecology and management
- Provides survey of life sciences and core concepts in medical practice
- Coursework applies to a B.S. in health science
- Provides framework for professional practice in human services
- Coursework applies to requirements for a B.S. in psychology, sociology or social work
- Provides mathematical basis to develop computing and analytical solutions
- Coursework applies to requirements for a B.S. in computer information systems, data analytics or mathematics – actuarial emphasis
Leadership and Project Management
- Provides introduction to core concepts related to managing people and projects
- Coursework applies to a B.S. in business administration or management
For more information, contact the UW-Stevens Point Office of Admissions and Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-346-4144.
Associate of Arts and Sciences (AAS)
The Associate of Arts and Sciences (AAS) degree is the foundation for many college majors and for the bachelor's degree. The AAS degree provides a two-year, general education liberal arts-based academic program with training in the fine arts and humanities, mathematical and natural sciences, and social sciences.
The AAS degree is a foundation for many majors in the University of Wisconsin System and is generally accepted by other University of Wisconsin System institutions as fulfilling the university-wide general education breadth requirements. Students may earn the Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree with Emphasis.
Please see the Academic Advising page for degree planning help.