Hello, I am Lara, the Academic Coach. I am here to support you to be successful as a university student, which means doing well in your classes, but also being well. When you come to a free one-on-one session with me, your experience can differ depending on what your needs are.
For example, I work with students who want to improve their notes. I can take a close look at your study habits and find individualized solutions for you. I might walk through the library with you and show you quiet study spots or show you ways you can reduce your screen time. I might also just practice simple meditation techniques with you, so you can stay calm and focused in stressful situations.
In addition to the one-on-one appointments, you can also attend academic coaching workshops. No matter how you choose to grow your academic literacy, I look forward to meeting you!
We use the Navigate app to schedule Academic Coaching appointments. If you have the Navigate app, you can schedule appointments right on your device with Lara Olson or Trisha Lamers. You can also click this button to access Navigate on your computer.
Need help with your online classes?
Still don't have the Navigate app?
1. Search and download "Navigate Student" in Google Play or the App Store.
2. Search in the app for "Stevens Point".
3. Use the same username and password you use for all your university accounts.
4. Remember to enable push notification for updates and reminders.
5. To schedule an Academic Coaching session, find the Navigate app on your device or click the button above to access the Navigate site.
If you have any questions, or are unable to use Navigate to schedule your appointment, please contact:
Academic Skills Specialist
LEAP Coordinator and Academic Coach)
018 Albertson Hall