- Stop all operations, turn off gas valves, open doors and windows, if able as you exit the building.
- Immediately evacuate area.
- Be certain to PREVENT IGNITION SOURCES by not operating any electrical equipment, switches, lights, heaters, hot water, telephones, heat ventilation air conditioning systems (HVAC), outlets, lighters, matches, etc. during a hazardous gas leak.
- Do not use elevators unless authorized.
- From a safe location away from the leak, REPORT INCIDENT to the Maintenance Department, 715-346-4219 and University Police at 715-346-3456.
If they are unavailable, contact Wisconsin Public Service at
- Provide your name
- Exact location of the leak (room, floor, etc.)
- Other applicable information
DO NOT reenter building until all clear is given by emergency response personnel.