UW-Stevens Point Residential Living Hall Director Positions
Position announcement / application process
The primary responsibility is the coordination of an educational residential facility, housing approximately 250-350 students. This includes areas of academic, student and community development programs, wellness programs, student activities, counseling, administration and in-service staff education. In addition, professional development exists through the creation of a professional development plan that would contain a variety of experiences based on the interests and skills of the hall director. For a complete position description, please click here
- Master's degree in area of student personnel, education, counseling or related areas
- Demonstrated supervision skills
- Demonstrated initiative and experience in community development
- Demonstrated administrative skills including an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency of communication skills including verbal, written and interpersonal
- Demonstrated ability to advise student groups
- Demonstrated initiative and experience in academic support
- Previous residence hall or related experience
- Experience working with diverse groups of students
- Experience with the student conduct/judicial processes
- Knowledge of assessment principles within higher education
- Demonstrated experience working with crisis response
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to develop and nurture a positive community living environment in the residence halls
July 16, 2018 - June 30, 2019
Terms of employment:
Twelve-month contract with anticipated base salary for a master's degree of $33,500 (plus extensive fringe benefits) and meal allowance for the academic year, plus a furnished apartment. Additional salary is available for academic work beyond the master's level or for related experience. Residential Living employment will require a criminal background check be completed prior to hiring.
Interested persons should submit a letter of application with a resume and names and contact information for three current references to the Human Resources and Affirmative Action employment opportunities website.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to Julie Zsido, assistant director of Residential Living, 715-346-3511 or email.
The review of applications will begin January 16, 2018. Review of applications will continue until February 25, 2018. Applications received after February 25, 2018 may be considered.
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, Vietnam era veterans, disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Under a court-approved settlement agreement and Wisconsin Statutes, we are required to provide a list of all nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing (addressed to the UWSP Equity and Affirmative Action Office) that their identity not be revealed. Persons agreeing to be final candidates will have their identity revealed as a candidate.