Skip to main content

Contract cancellation

Prior to the start of the fall semester

You must notify us (in writing) to terminate your housing contract. You can do so by 

  • sending us an email ( from your UWSP email account
  • sending us a letter (Residential Living, UW-Stevens Point, 601 Division Street, Stevens Point WI 54481)
  • sending us a fax (715-346-4459) 

In your email/letter, be certain to include 

  • your full name
  • your UWSP ID#
  • the reason you are terminating your contract
  • your signature (if you are sending your request via letter or fax) 

We will terminate your housing and dining contract upon receipt of your request only if you are eligible to terminate under the UW Board of Regents on-campus living requirement

If you send your request on or before July 1, you are eligible for a credit of $100 of your $125 housing prepayment.

There are different termination requirements for residents of the Suites@201. Please review your contract for specifics; unless you are permanently leaving UWSP, you cannot terminate your contract.

Terminating during the school year

You can only terminate your housing contract during the school year if you are withdrawing from the university.  

Residents withdrawing from the university have 24 hours after withdrawal to check out of their residence hall room. You do not need to come to the Residential Living office if you are withdrawing.  

Once you have withdrawn from the university, remove all of your belongings from your room, clean your side of the room and then contact your community adviser (CA) or CA-on-duty to complete the paperwork part of the checkout process (and to return your Saflok and key). Additional information can be found in our withdrawing brochure.

Website feedback
©1993-2018 University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point