About Marathon Hall at Wausau
Attending college is not only about earning a degree. It's also about creating life-long friendships and learning things like teamwork, social interaction and a sense of self. Studies from universities across the nation show that students that live on campus at any point during their post-secondary education are more involved in campus life and are more likely to complete their education. At Marathon Hall you'll experience this and so much more!
Marathon Hall holds 160 students in double rooms with designated single rooms for residents with accommodation needs. Additional single rooms are sometimes available based on occupancy needs.
The residence hall has many amenities including: full kitchen, a quiet study lounge, TV lounge, computer and printer area, two laundry facilities, and pool table room.
In addition to the vending machines available in the residence hall, a full cafeteria in the main campus building offers several meal plan options, explained below.
Marathon Hall is located on the corner of South 7th and Garfield Avenue. It is across the street from the field house and main academic building.
How to Apply to Live in Marathon Hall
- Students must first activate their UWSP account by following the instructions found here. This may include current UWSP @ Wausau students as you have received a new email account which will be effective for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Make your $125 housing prepayment via the AccesSPoint Financial Account menu.
- Log into the UWSP Housing Portal and select the Marathon Hall @ Wausau Application and follow the instructions throughout the application to complete.
- Upon completion, students will be allowed to SELECT their space in Marathon Hall. Rooms are designed as DOUBLE (which is a room with a roommate) or SINGLE (which is a room without a roommate). Therefore, space is on a first come, first served basis.
- Students residing in Marathon Hall are required to select one of the meal plan options as part of their housing contract. More information about meal plan options can be found below.
Marathon Hall Housing Contract and Policies
The price of a double room is $1609* per semester. The price of a single room is $2209* per semester. These are the projected rates and are pending UW System Board of Regents approval in summer.
Meal Plan Options & Rates:
Meal plan choices include:
- 10 meals per week, cost of $1037.00 per semester*
- 14 meals per week, cost of $1088.50 per semester*
- 19 meals per week, cost of $1126.50 per semester*
A week of meals begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Missed meals in any week are not transferable to another week.
*These plans and the rates associated with them are subject to change due to UW Board of Regents approval.
Marathon Hall Staff
There are 4-5 Resident Assistants (RAs) in the building who are returning students who serve as a resources to residents and the residence hall at UW-Stevens Point at Wausau. The primary role of a RA is to facilitate individual and community development within the hall and to make personal connections with all residents. They are also responsible for: programming, addressing resident concerns, mediating roommate issues, and much more!
Residence Hall Director
There is also a Residence Hall Director that lives on-site. This person is a full-time professional staff member responsible for advising the Resident Assistants and Front Desk Receptionists, adjudicating conduct in the hall, assisting all residents, and much more!
In the residence hall, there are a couple opportunities for employment! You could work at the front desk as a Front Desk Receptionist, priority is given to those with Work Study, but could also be an hourly position.
Maintenance Request Form
Sometimes a resident room needs routine maintenance completed (fire alarm, light bulbs, etc.) As a tenant, it is your responsibility to request these maintenance concerns.
Please contact Gary Radunz, maintenance staff, and be as specific as possible with your request.
Summer housing is available at Marathon Hall.
Questions about living and working in Marathon Hall can be directed to:
Collin Schroeder, Residence Hall Director