How To Register

 Continuing Students

All students who are currently enrolled in on-campus courses are eligible to register on the web during the registration periods.

Step 1: Use myPoint to find your appointment time.

Enter your campus login and password and select the appropriate term. Your appointment time will not conflict with your class schedule.

  • If you are not able to register at the time of your scheduled appointment, you may register anytime after your appointed time has passed. You may also have a proxy register for you. Contact the Enrollment Services Center for more information.

Step 2: Pay your deposit.

  • A $100.00 registration deposit is required for each term and is due BEFORE you can register for classes. If you have not yet made your deposit, you may:
    • Pay on-line by e-check or credit card;
    • Pay your deposit in person at the UWSP Bursar's Office, Room 007, SSC; or
    • Send your payment to: UWSP Bursar's Office, 2100 Main St, Stevens Point WI 54481
  • International undergraduate students are required to pay an insurance premium before they can register for the fall or spring term. Students may pay the insurance premium online or at the Bursar's Office. Students will not be able to register on the web if this hold exists. Questions regarding the insurance premium should be directed to the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO).

Step 3: Make an appointment with your adviser if you have not already done so.

  • Your adviser's name is viewable in myPoint.
  • If you do not have an adviser or if you have recently changed your major, report to the chair of the department of your major to be assigned an adviser.
  • If you have not declared a major, report to the Student Academic Advising Center, 103 SSC.

Step 4: Prepare for your meeting with your adviser

  • Review your Degree Progress Report (DPR).
    • Review the catalog requirements of your major(s), minor(s), and general education requirements.
    • Verify what courses you have taken.
    • Note what requirements you need to complete.
  • Review the University Catalog.
    • Check the catalog for the descriptions of your recommended courses.
    • Do the courses have prerequisites? Have you met them?
  • Review the Timetable to see what courses are offered.

Step 5: Meet with your adviser.
Summer and Winterim registration terms do not require an adviser meeting.

  • Bring two copies of your DPR. The two of you will review your report, discuss the courses you should take to complement your academic goals and personal interests, and arrive at a list of possible courses.
  • You must insist on a list of alternates. There is no guarantee that your first choices will be open and conflict-free when you register. You will be spared aggravation if you have alternate course choices.
  • After you have met with your adviser, your adviser will electronically authorize you to register. Your adviser's electronic authorization must be granted before you can register on the web.

Step 6: Obtain all special registration authorizations.

  • Are any of your courses identified in the Timetable as PERMISSION REQUIRED? A PR appears in front of courses and sections when permission is required. You must obtain the approval of the chair of the department to register for all such courses and sections.
  • Are you auditing, signing up for a credit overload or enrolling in an independent study course? If so, you must obtain the proper approval. Are you repeating any courses for the first time in which you received a D+, D, or F? You must have obtained the approval of your adviser and the chair of the department offering the course you are repeating BEFORE you register. If you're repeating a course for the second time, you must have written authorization from the dean of the college in which the course is offered. In either case, be sure to have the appropriate approval before registering on the web or in person.

Electronic Authorizations: The department chairs can electronically authorize you to enroll in Permission Required, Closed, Independent Study, and Internship sections. Departments can also authorize you electronically for a credit overload or to repeat a D+, D, or F for the first time. If the departments grant their authorizations electronically, the authorizations will appear on the same screen as your registration appointment time which will then permit you to register for these courses and sections on the web. If departments grant their approval by signing a form, you will need to bring the form to the Enrollment Services Center (106 SSC) to complete your registration.

Paper Authorizations: Certain authorizations must be on signed forms. For example, you must submit an approved form to audit a course, take a course on Pass-Fail or repeat a course for a second time. You must bring the signed forms to the Enrollment Services Center (106 SSC) to complete your registration.

Step 7: Prepare two or more class schedules.

  • Using the Timetable and the courses you and your adviser identified, develop two or more class schedules in preparation for registering.
  • An Open/Closed class list is available on myPoint. (On the Academics tab, click on "Course Seat Availability.") Select the term and the curriculum/course information you want to search. Revise your class schedules to adjust for closed courses and sections.

There are two kiosks available in the Enrollment Services Center (106 SSC) for students to use to register for classes. The staff will be there to offer assistance and answer any of your registration-related questions.

Step 8: Register on or after your appointment time.

  • REGISTER - The process is relatively easy and straightforward. Instructions are also available.
  • If you have authorizations on paper forms, you will need to stop in the Enrollment Services Center for assistance in completing your registration. Remember to bring your PointCard.

Step 9: Print a copy of your completed schedule.

The printed schedule shows your official registration at that point in time. You are responsible for the classes you register for. If you need to change your schedule after you finish registering, you MUST follow the Drop/Add/Withdrawal procedures established by the university. Always keep your printed copy of your class schedule as a receipt of any drop/add transactions. Of course you can always view or print your schedule from myPoint.

 Graduate Students

If you are currently enrolled, follow the procedures for continuing students outlined above.  If you are not enrolled at UWSP, start in the Admissions Office, 102 Student Services Center.

If you need to consult with an adviser or obtain special permission to enroll in a course, you are urged to make such arrangements prior to registration.

View Registration Dates by Term

 Special Non-Degree Students & Winterim or Summer Course Registration

If you are not currently enrolled at UWSP and wish to register as a non-degree seeking student during for the fall, winterim, spring or summer term, you may register for courses by completing the Course Registration Form.   Send completed forms to: Office of the Registrar, UWSP, 101 SSC, Stevens Point, WI 54481. NOTE: A $100.00 registration deposit must accompany your mail registration. Mail registrations are processed on a first come, first serve basis.

Also see Summer Course Registration

Questions about course registration? Contact the Office of the Registrar at 715-346-4301 or

 First-Year, Transfer, and Re-entry Students

  • First-Year students will register during one-day orientation/registration sessions. You will receive information about these sessions from the Admissions Office.
  • Transfers will register during a one-day orientation and registration session. Notices of when to report for registration will be sent out from the Admissions Office.
  • Re-entries will be invited to register with continuing students (according to number of earned credits). Contact the Admissions Office regarding dates and times.

 Continuing Education Courses

Undergraduate and graduate students that have a UWSP ID number will be able to register for Continuing Education courses on the web. However, students registering for Continuing Education courses through KEEP, Leaf, GET, Costar, or Trees for Tomorrow will not be able to use the web registration system because the tuition for these programs are paid for by a 3rd party. Students interested in Continuing Education courses through KEEP, Leaf, GET, Costar or Trees for Tomorrow should contact the Continuing Education Office at 1-715-346-3838 for registration instructions. All new students should also contact the Continuing Education Office.

Also see Summer Course Registration

​​ ​