Skip to main content

Withdrawing from UW-Stevens Point

If you decide to leave the university, contact the Enrollment Services Center, Room 106, Student Services Center to withdraw. You cannot officially withdraw from the university by simply leaving or dropping all of your courses.

If you withdraw during the first eight days of the semester, only the date of withdrawal will appear on your transcript. After the eighth day and through the tenth week, you will receive a W for each course. After the tenth week you may not withdraw unless the reasons for withdrawal are serious illness, personal duress, or are clearly beyond your control. If you are permitted to withdraw after the tenth week, grades of W will be assigned to your courses. Courses that end prior to your withdrawal are an exception. You will receive grades for courses completed prior to your withdrawal.

Grades of W received due to withdrawal from school are NOT counted in the limit of four W drops addressed above under “Adds/Drops After the Eighth Day of the Semester.” However, W grades from courses dropped PRIOR to your withdrawal from school ARE counted toward the four W drop limit.

Repeated occurrences of W may affect your ability to maintain standards of academic progress and may jeopardize your financial aid eligibility. See Satisfactory Academic Progress to determine the effect of courses not successfully completed.

If you stop attending school and do not officially withdraw, you will receive an F for those courses in which you are still registered.

Withdrawal deadlines are prorated for courses that meet less than the full term.

Website feedback
©1993-2018 University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point