Skip to main content

Transcript FAQ

What is a transcript?  
  • A transcript is a complete history of UW-Stevens Point courses attempted and grades received. The courses are listed in semester order and your semester and cumulative grade point averages (GPA's) are shown after each term. It also shows earned degrees, majors, and minors.

 What is the difference between an official and an unofficial transcript?

  • The main difference is that an official transcript typically reflects a higher level of authentication and a reduced opportunity for someone to alter the record. We use special safety paper and it includes the registrar's signature. It is most acceptable as official if it goes directly from UWSP to the other school or business rather than passing through the student's hands. Some places may accept an official transcript that is given to the student in a sealed envelope if the student sends it to them unopened.  

How do I order a transcript? 

  • Alumni and non-current students can order official, unofficial, or electronic (pdf) transcripts online through Credentials Transcript Ordering Service (no login required). 

  • Currently enrolled students can order official copies of transcripts through myPoint and order electronic (pdf) copies of transcripts through Credentials Transcript Ordering Service (just select the "Official Copy" option to order a pdf).  Charges for transcripts ordered through myPoint will be added to your student bill; a credit card is required for using Credentials.  

I no longer have my password or access to myPoint.  How do I order a transcript?

  • As a non-current student, you would place your order through Credentials.

How do I order an electronic (pdf) transcript?

  • E-transcripts are available through Credentials when you select the “Official Copy” option during the ordering process. E-transcripts are delivered as a secure .pdf document, and are available to be sent to yourself, a college/university or a third party. There is an additional $1.25 charge for this service. 

If I want a transcript sent by Fed Ex, can it be done?

  • Yes, we offer that option if you place your order through Credentials for an additional fee. Keep in mind that Fed Ex cannot deliver to a P.O. Box – you must provide a street address. You will receive a tracking number from Credentials.

What is "Credentials"?

  • Credentials is our official partner that we use to process online transcript requests. The Office of the Registrar maintains all records, but orders may be placed online using the Credentials Transcript Ordering Service.

How can I get a copy of my unofficial transcripts?

There are two options:  

  • You may get an unofficial transcript free of charge by coming in to the Enrollment Services Center (106 SSC). It is printed on plain paper. 
  • You may get an unofficial transcript mailed to you for $3.00 by ordering one through Credentials. A credit card is required for this service.

If you are a current student, you may be able to use a copy of your course history in lieu of an unofficial transcript; however, it is up to the recipient to decide whether or not they will accept it. 

What if I have my unofficial transcript sent and the receiving party will not accept it? Do I have to put in another request to have an official copy mailed?

  • Yes. Note: Educational institutions will not accept unofficial transcripts.

Can an official transcript be mailed directly to the student?

  • Yes, however, it does say "Issued to the Student" on the transcript. 

Can I pick up a copy of my transcript on campus?

  • Yes, but you should place your order online first. During the ordering process, you will be able to specify that you want to pick up the transcript in the Enrollment Services Center. We will hold on to transcripts for one month; after that time, they will be mailed to your home address we have on file.

If I am picking up my transcript from the Office of the Enrollment Services Center (106 SSC), what will I need?

  • You will need a picture ID.

Can I have someone else pick up my transcript for me?

  • Yes, but you will have to let us know that at the time that the transcripts are ordered. The person picking it up will need to have a picture id.

How long does it take for a transcript to be sent once the request is received?

  • Generally transcripts will be mailed one to two business days after receiving your request. 

If I mark "hold for grades," how long will it take for the transcript request to be processed?

  • Normally, transcripts that are marked "hold for grades" are sent within 10 days after the last day of finals. However, your account will be billed at the time of your request. 

If I mark "hold for degree," when will the transcript request be processed?

  • Your degree will be posted once all of your grades have been submitted and everything on your DPR is OK.  The transcript request will be processed 1 - 2 business days after that.  However, your account will be billed at the time of your request.

Will my transcript show my GPA in my major or minor?

  • No, however, if you need your GPA in your major or minor you can contact the Office of the Registrar at (715) 346-4301 or to get that information. If you are a current student, you can check your DPR in myPoint.

Will my transcript show my class rank?

  • No, however, if you need your class rank you can contact the Office of the Registrar at (715) 346-4301 or to get that information.  If you are a current student, you can check myPoint. 

Does a transcript show courses and grades taken at other schools?

  • We do show certain courses and grades taken at other UW campuses and Wisconsin technical colleges. However, this is not a complete list of courses. We do not show grades of "W", for example. For schools that are not part of these Wisconsin systems, we list only the name of the institution.

What if the address for where the transcripts are being sent is too long for the space provided?

If the address does not fit, try converting from 5 lines to 4. For example:

University of Wisconsin-Madison
Office of Admissions
Armory & Gymnasium
716 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53706-1481
Change to:
UW Madison-Admissions
Armory & Gymnasium
716 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53706-1481
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us: 
Website feedback
©1993-2018 University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point