Credit Overload - Authorizing Students Screen
Key points regarding the Credit Overload – Authorization of Student screen:
- The university study load policy requires students to obtain the approval of the department chair, or the chair’s designee, of their major to take 18-20 credits. Study loads of 21 or more credits must be approved by the dean of the college.
- Department chairs/designees can follow these steps to authorize students to take 18, 19, or 20 credits:
Students will be sent an email when you grant them authorization to enroll for a credit overload. You will be notified automatically by email if students delete their credit overload authorization.
- Select the term you are approving the student to enroll for a credit overload.
- Enter the student’s ID# and click on Find Student. Verify that you have selected the right student.
- Select the number of credits from the drop down menu you are authorizing the student to take and click on “Authorize”. Verify from the message that you have authorized the number of credits that you intended.
The number of credits authorized, the name of the person that granted the authorization and the date of the authorization will appear on the list.