Prepare for a great career!
Paper Science and Chemical Engineering at UW-Stevens Point
Study the science and technology behind paper engineering in a field with nearly 100 percent job placement. The Paper Science and Engineering program at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point nurtures students’ interest in math, chemistry, physics and engineering to prepare them for engineering careers in industries important to Wisconsin.Hands-on experiences
Faculty members provide career guidance inside and outside the classroom through professional and extracurricular activities. These activities include:
Graduates find jobs
- touring industrial manufacturing facilities;
- undergraduate research;
- industrial internships;
- participating in professional organizations;
- attending professional meetings and seminars; and
- working with our own coating and laminating machine and the world’s fastest student-run paper machine in our process engineering laboratory.
Students have career opportunities in Wisconsin, across the country and around the world. About 50% of our graduates stay in Wisconsin. Many work in other countries. The map below shows where our alumni are!
Employers hire our graduates because they:
- have a sound background in fundamental science and engineering principles;
- understand related issues such as environmental protection, occupational health and safety, resource management and appropriate business skills;
- are well-rounded professionals in terms of teamwork, communication and problem solving; and
- have developed life-long learning skills and abilities.
Click on these links to learn more about
Paper Science and Chemical Engineering scholarships
and Career Fairs
. Interested in the Chemical Engineering and Paper Science and Engineering programs? Email
for more information and tour opportunities! We'd love to have you visit!