Registration for First-Year STAR events for Fall 2020 is open.
Registration for First-Year STAR events for Fall 2021 will open in March 2021.
Activate your account - Your UW-Stevens Point student ID number is
required (located on admittance letter)
Login to accesSPoint
Select the STAR/Orientation tile
Select STAR Orientation Signup and click "Add Registration"
Complete the information request and select the STAR date you prefer to attend. Make sure to click "Save" on the top right hand corner.
All new first-year students are required to attend a STAR session. Your STAR session includes time to meet with advisers, register for your classes, and learn about student services that help students transition to campus.
COVID-19 UPDATE: The Office of Admissions and Recruitment would like to reassure you that we are taking the necessary precautions to ensure a safe and smooth transition process for fall enrollment and have decided to move our STAR program online. If you are unable to attend STAR online please contact our office. We encourage all students to continue registering for STAR, if you have not already done so.
What does online STAR mean for you?
- You will receive an individual advising time, early registration for STAR will result in you receiving higher priority for class selection for the fall semester. Our advisors will help you select courses and enroll for the fall semester.
- Advising times will be assigned after the completion of online STAR/Orientation found in accesSPoint to all registered participants. Our online STAR/Orientation is designed to help you familiarize yourself with the tools and services you need to be successful and as you transition into the college learning environment. By completing this introduction to our campus, you’re taking the first step towards discovering your purpose here at UW-Stevens Point.
- We will be offering courses come fall. We know there is a lot uncertainty in the world right now, but we are here for you. Our campuses will remain operational and continue to help you in the pursuit of something bigger.
- If you are unable to engage in this modality online, please let us know immediately so that we may gather the necessary paperwork to mail you at home and make alternative arrangements.
As a new Pointer, you're also required to participate in the UW System Regional Placement Testing Program prior to the scheduled STAR session. The placement tests will ensure you enroll in the appropriate English, math, and foreign language course level. Register for your regional placement tests.
- The UW System placement testing has been disrupted this spring, and we want to provide peace of mind during these difficult times. After several conversations with the appropriate academic departments, we have decided to offer an alternative option for placement exams. As you know, placement exams serve as a mechanism to accurately determine appropriate Math, English, and Foreign Language courses for each student, but placement testing cancellations may prohibit some students from taking exams before fall registration. For students unable to take placement tests, and with your health and safety in mind, UW-Stevens Point is suspending the required Math, English, and Foreign Language placement exam and will instead be using a combination of the ACT/SAT sub-scores and high school grades as an alternative mechanism for placement. The UW System Center for Placement Testing is exploring alternative online testing options, and if you are planning to utilize this choice, we encourage you to check their website for updates: https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/regionaltesting/information.php.