Grant awards are $1,000 per credit developed, with a maximum of $4,000 per course.
Following funding approval, a development schedule that aligns with offering the course will be determined by the instructor and design staff. Generally, instructors should expect to meet with design staff a minimum of 1 hour per week and should expect to work a minimum of 2 hours per week on their own.
The following requirements must be met before grant funds are distributed.
- Instructor (author) completes the QM DYOC workshop (workshop fee paid by CITL).
- Course development is completed, in coordination with CITL staff.
- The course and course materials meet CITL accessbility requirements.
- The course passes a QM review managed by CITL staff. Passing a QM review includes the completion of self-reviews by the instructor and at least two CITL staff and course revisions/updates to meet QM standards.
- The course is offered online.