COVID-19 Library Response for Faculty & Staff
Use of Other Libraries’ Materials
UW Resource Sharing (formerly known as Universal Borrowing or "UB") and interlibrary loan of physical materials outside of the UW System will resume on Monday, July 20th. Here's what you need to know:
- You can resume placing UW Resource Sharing Requests via Search@UW on Monday, July 20th.
- You can resume placing requests for items not found within UW System via Interlibrary Loan on Monday, July 20th.
- Expect delivery to take longer! Please be patient as we expect delays due to staffing shortages and mandatory quarantining of materials. It is estimated that a typical request will take at least 9 business days to arrive.
- We will not be able to fill all requests. Item availability is dependent on other libraries' ability to access their collections and many still do not have access to their physical collections. You will be notified if we are unable to obtain your requested item.
- Pickup of items at the Stevens Point campus:
- Prior to August 10th, items will be delivered via campus mail.
- Beginning August 10th and the reopening of Albertson Hall items will be available for pickup at the Main Circulation Desk. If you would like us to deliver via campus mail simply send an email to email@example.com once you've received notification that the item has arrived.
- Pickup of items at the branch campuses:
- Items will be placed in mailboxes.
Online Content for your Courses
Library resources are available to all students from off campus and we encourage all faculty and staff to integrate this content into your courses to supplement instruction. Please contact Terri Muraski (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need help finding or selecting appropriate resources.
Visit our help page for more information about integrating library resources into Canvas.
Instruction & Tutorials
- Please contact
Dave Dettman with any questions you may have regarding instruction, or if you need any tailored online resources to help with the remainder of the semester. The librarians who have scheduled sessions with instructors in the upcoming weeks will be contacting you to make alternative arrangements.
- We offer many
subject and course library research guides that may help augment any research needs for your courses while you explore alternative instructional methods. We can also tailor these guides to any specific needs you may have.
We offer a
guide on how to integrate library resources into Canvas
research guide for copyright information and fair use practices.
E-Reserve Materials: If you have any items you would like placed on e-reserve, please review
information here. You may also contact
Terri Muraski for any Reserve questions.
Virtual reference service will be available for dedicated hours during our extended break time. In-person reference will not be available until further notice. Research consults can also be arranged.
The Archives Reading Room will be closed until further notice.
Please submit any reference questions to email@example.com
Limited digital resources may be accessed via the Digital Collections.
Instruction: All archival instruction sessions have been suspended and will remain consistent with university-wide in-person class meeting policy.