Telephone Equipment & Instructions
The Telephone Support Office has all types of equipment available, from cord detanglers and headsets, to speakerphones and conferencing equipment. The Telephone Support Office will only guarantee service on equipment purchased through our office. Call our office and we can find what you're looking for!
Basic Features (Stevens Point, Treehaven, CWES): (See manuals below for phone-specific features.)
- SEND CALLS Feature - This feature sends all calls directly to voicemail.
- To activate this feature on an analog set, lift up the receiver and press [* 3]. You will hear three confirmation beeps.
- To deactivate this feature on an analog set, lift up the receiver and press [# 3].
- If you have a digital or IP telephone, the SEND CALLS button should be on the abbreviated number pad.
- FORWARD Feature - This feature allows an incoming call to be rerouted to another on-campus telephone. *Forwarding to an off-campus number is not allowed. For alternatives contact the Telephone Support Office.
- To activate this feature on an analog set, lift up the receiver and press [* 2], then enter the 4-digit extension that will receive the calls.
- To deactivate this feature on an analog set, lift up the receiver and press [# 2].
- If you have a digital or IP telephone, the FORWARD feature is an option in the Menu selections.
- TRANSFER Feature - This feature allows you to transfer a call to another campus telephone.
- To transfer, quickly press the flash on the telephone set, hear three tones, press the 4-digit number where the call should be transferred, then hang up.
- If you have a digital or IP telephone, there is a transfer button.
Telephone Sets Available & Instructions:
The Telephone Support Office has on-site technicians to correct any problem you may have. DO NOT call another telephone company for repairs. A technician will go directly to your workstation to fix the problem. Only UWSP telephones and equipment are serviced. Repairs are made within 48-business hours. For repairs, call 715-346-2562, or email email@example.com.
For changes to an existing telephone line, requests should be submitted 48-hours in advance. For installations, changes, or moves, call 715-346-2562, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The more advanced notice the better!