Connect Your Computer and Mobile Device to the UWSP Network
Wired: When possible, Information Technology recommends using a wired connection for the network. Connecting to the network is as simple as plugging one end of an ethernet cable (available at most large retail stores or on-line vendors) into the wall jack closest to your window and the other end into your network device. NOTE: Each room has two wall jacks (one near the door and one near the window), but only the jack near the window is active.
Wireless: UWSP provides residents with two wireless network options – UWSPWIRELESS (a.k.a. Eduroam) and UWSPDEVICE:
Connect these devices to UWSPWIRELESS:
- iPhone, iPad
- Macbook Laptop (Air, Pro or just a Macbook)
- Mac Desktop (iMac, Pro)
- Windows PC (Desktop, Laptop, Table or 2 in 1)
- Android Phone
- Android Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab or other)
- Linux Computer (Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or 2 in 1)
- Any device that when attempting to connect to the UWSPWIRELESS network, you are prompted to enter a username & password.
Connect these devices to UWSPDEVICE:
- Smart TV's
- Kindle Fire TV Streaming Stick
- Android TV devices
- Blu-Ray Players that can use Netflix or other apps
- Game Consoles (ex: Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii, Wii U or Switch, Playstation 3 or 4)
- Smart Speakers (ex: Amazon Echo, Google Home Mini/Regular/Max)
- Android Wear OS Watch
- Apple Watch (be sure to turn off Private address)
- Any device that if you try to connect it to UWSPWIRELESS, you cannot enter a username, it only asks for a password.
- UWSPDEVICE requires a password when connecting. Call the Service Desk to receive the connection password.
We have a limited amount of addresses in the UWSPDEVICE network, so please do not put your computer or mobile device in this network!
Need help connecting a device? Contact the UWSP IT Service Desk at 715-346-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
Need Additional Help?
Visit the Residential Living Technology section of our FAQ page or contact the Service Desk for additional assistance.