Faculty/Staff Laptop & Projector Check-Out
Faculty and staff can check out laptops, tablets, projectors, combo units (projector & laptop), a portable screen, soundstations, and clickers for work-related purposes through the
Important: If you will be using a check out laptop on campus, and in particular for group events, make sure to connect the laptop to the UWSP network 3 to 4 hours prior to the event to ensure potential updates install.
Information Technology makes every effort to ensure that check out laptops have received all critical updates. It is, however, possible that updates may occur during your check out period when the laptop connects to the UWSP network.
Equipment Loan Guidelines
- Equipment must be reserved by a UWSP faculty/staff member and is reserved on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Reservations requesting more than 4 laptops or 4 projectors require Service Desk manager approval.
- Equipment can be reserved for up to a four-week period. Extensions require Service Desk manager approval.
- The name on the reservation must be a UWSP faculty/staff person who will be picking up, and responsible for, the equipment.
Equipment will not be released to individuals not listed on the reservation. Please inform the Service Desk in advance if someone other than who is listed on the reservation will be picking up the equipment.
- All parts and accessories included in each equipment case will be checked at the time of pick up AND at the time of return.
Please allow enough time for these equipment checks when you are planning your pick-up and return times.
Late/Damaged/Lost Equipment Fees
Information Technology makes laptops, projectors and other equipment available for check out to UWSP faculty and staff. There is no charge to reserve and check out equipment.
The following charges are assessed for all late, damaged or lost equipment:
- Damaged or Lost Equipment: The replacement cost of the device/accessories PLUS an additional $10 surcharge.
- Late Returns during academic semesters: A $15 per day fee will be applied for equipment not returned on-time.
- Late returns during Summer and Winterim: A $5 per day fee will be applied for equipment not returned on-time.
Late fees are applied at the close of business Monday - Friday, excluding holidays.
All fee’s are charged to a department account. The academic department assumes responsibility for any late fees, or loss and/or damage resulting from negligence of a unit or any unit accessories. contact your department to determine reimbursement options.