Remote Computer Lab
Information Technology provides remote computer lab workstations available 24/7 for remote access running Microsoft Windows 10 1803. You can logon to a computer lab workstation from your home, residence hall room or anywhere on the campus wireless network. Our remote computer lab allows you access to software that is only available in computer labs.
If you intend to use an application that
requires video hardware acceleration like Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere expect performance to be degraded. We recommend using an on-site campus computer.
Windows 10 Remote Lab
Our remote lab is open to all UWSP students and employees and features the same Windows 10 operating system available in the ALB 110 public lab. Keep in mind that not all software is pre-installed but is available for installation as needed from the
Instructions for accessing the remote lab are below.
Macs should first download and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop application from the App Store, then follow the same steps.
- Use your favorite web browser and navigate to
- Login as "email@example.com".
- Select "UWSP Standard Remote Lab".
- Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop configuration file and open it. Your options will vary depending on your choice of internet browser. Some browsers may allow you to simply click open while other browsers may force you to save the file to your computer and open it from your downloads folder.
- Opening the Microsoft Remote Desktop file will automatically start your Microsoft Remote Desktop application and log you into a random remote lab computer.
IMPORTANT Information for authenticating with Microsoft MFA: See the section,
"Special requirements when using your hardware token with Remote Computer Access and VPN" on our
Microsoft Multifactor Authentication page.
Need an Office 365 application?
Skip the remote lab and download your own copy or use the web based version at
Need special software for courses in your discipline?
Access special class software by logging into
UWSP computer lab computers without having to visit our campuses.
If you need assistance with the Remote Lab, contact the