Student Network Account Removal
If you are no longer enrolled in UWSP courses or have officially graduated, your UWSP account will be scheduled for deletion. Your account will be scheduled for removal 18 months after the beginning of the last term you were officially registered.
- If you enrolled for courses in January 2016 for the Spring term and you either graduated in May 2017 or did not register for future courses, your account will be scheduled for removal in July 2018.
- If you enrolled for courses in June 2017 for the Fall term and you graduated in December 2018
or did not register for future courses , your account will be scheduled for removal in November 2018.
- If you enrolled for a summer course in May, but do not register for a future term course, your account will be scheduled for removal the following year in November.
- If you enrolled for a winter course in December, but do not register for a future term course, your account will be scheduled for removal the following year in June.
Watch your UWSP email account for messages from the UWSP Postmaster warning you about the pending removal of your account. These messages will include the exact date your account will be removed.
Once your account has been removed you will no longer be able to log on to campus computers and you will no longer have access to secure UWSP resources, including, but not limited to:
- Email - If you are subscribed to any listserves or RSS feeds, we encourage you to unsubscribe your UWSP account from these lists.
- Printing - You may pay for printing at the following locations
- Printing and Design located in the Science building basement.
- University Book Store and Text Rental located in the Dreyfus University Center.
- Library Reference room located in Albertson Hall.
- Network access
- For information on how to obtain guest network access visit
Guest Logon Accounts page or
Network & Wireless page.
- Wisconsin Integrate Software Catalog
Information Technology cannot restore files once your UWSP account has become inactive. Make copies of any files you may need before your account is removed, you will be unable to retrieve this information once your account is gone. A convenient and inexpensive way to create a backup of your files is to save them to external storage media such as a CD or key/flash drive or a Cloud service.
If you are a graduate student not currently enrolled in any courses, but still associated with the University in one of the graduate programs, contact your advisor/graduate coordinator about enrolling in a 0-credit research course through Registration and Records to keep your account active beyond the 18 months timeframe outlined above. (Note: This applies only to Graduate students. This does not apply to students that have officially graduated from UWSP.)
What technology services remain available to you until your network account is removed?
- You can can continue to access your UWSP email account. Access your UWSP email using
Outlook Web App.
- Begin informing any important contacts that your UWSP email address will no longer be available and provide them with an alternate email address they can use to contact you.
- Request a UWSP Alumni email account by visiting
MyFiles & OneDrive Network Storage Space
- You can continue to access and use your
myFiles and OneDrive network storage space.
- Make a copy of all of your files located in your private and inetpub folders. Once your account is removed you will be unable to retrieve this data.
MyPoint UWSP Portal
- You can continue to log into your myPoint portal web site to access all of your academic records at:
- You can continue to print in campus computer labs at no charge to assist you in your career search and other activities that require professional documents, such as resumes, cover letters or grad school applications. You will not be billed for printing.
- Additional personal printing services are available at the Printing and Design Office in the lower level of the Science Building or the University Book Store and Text Rental located in the Dreyfus University Center.
Public Computer Labs & Kiosks
- You can continue to use computers located in the campus Public Computer Labs.
- You can continue to use Kiosks located throughout the campus.
- You can no longer purchase software from the
Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog as a graduated student. To order materials from the Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog you must be registered for a class.
- Software licensed to UWSP must be removed. This may include any software listed
- Additionally, be sure to remove any customized software settings or configurations specific to UWSP from your computer/mobile devices. This may include configurations such as UWSP email, myFiles, wireless, etc.
- You can continue to access the secure UWSP Wireless network when you are on-campus.
- You can continue to print to a computer lab printer from the wireless network at no charge.
- For information on wired guest network access visit our
Guest Logon Accounts page.
- For information on wireless guest network access visit our
Network & Wireless webpage
Almost all other UWSP services that require your UWSP credentials will also remain available to you until your network account is removed.
If you have additional questions, please contact the