Student Network Account Removal
If you are no longer enrolled in UWSP courses or if you have officially graduated, your UWSP account will be scheduled for deletion.
Your UWSP Account will be removed 18 months from the first day of your last term. For example:
- If you enrolled for Spring 2017 and you either graduated in May 2017, or did not register for future courses:
- the first day of your final registered term begins in January, at the start of Spring 2017.
- Your account will be scheduled for removal in July 2018. 18 months from the start of the Spring 2017 semester.
Will I receive a notice that my account will be removed?
Yes. Watch your UWSP email for messages from the UWSP Postmaster warning you about the pending removal of your account. These messages will include the exact date your account will be removed.
Once your account has been removed you will no longer be able to log on to campus computers and you will no longer have access to secure UWSP resources, including, but not limited to:
- Email - If you are subscribed to any listservs or RSS feeds, we encourage you to unsubscribe your UWSP account from these lists.
- Office 365 and OneDrive for Business cloud storage (at school and installed for home use)
- Network access
- Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog
If I need some files or emails after my account is removed can I still get to them?
No. Work stored in your UWSP OneDrive for Business cloud account is deleted during account removal.
To prevent losing important work, make copies of any files you even suspect you may need. You will be unable to retrieve your files once your account is gone. Information Technology also cannot restore files or email once your UWSP account has been removed.
A convenient and inexpensive way to create a backup of your files is to save them to external storage media such as a CD, a key/flash drive or a Cloud service.
If you installed the Microsoft Office 365 that is free to members of UWSP, The software will become inactive when your UWSP account is removed. If you have back up copies of your school files you can use viewer applications provided by Microsoft to view, print and copy Office documents without the full version of the Office 365 suite. You will need both the viewer applications the Microsoft Office Compatibility Packs.
What should I do to prepare for account removal?
- Begin informing any important
contacts that your UWSP email address will no longer be available and
provide them with an alternate email address they can use to contact
- Request a UWSP Alumni email account by visiting
- Make a copy of all of your files located
in your UWSP OneDrive for Business. Once your account is removed you
will be unable to retrieve this data.
- Software licensed to UWSP must be removed. This may include any software listed
- Additionally, be sure to remove any customized software settings
or configurations specific to UWSP from your computer/mobile devices.
This may include configurations such as UWSP email, OneDrive for Business, wireless,
What UWSP services can I continue to access until my account is removed?
- You can can continue to access your UWSP email account. Access your UWSP email using
Outlook Web App.
File Storage Spaces
MyPoint UWSP Portal
- You can continue to log into your myPoint portal web site to access all of your academic records at:
- You can continue to print in campus computer labs at no charge to assist you in your career search and other activities that require professional documents, such as resumes, cover letters or grad school applications. You will not be billed for printing.
- Additional personal printing services are available at the Printing and Design Office in the lower level of the Science Building or the University Book Store and Text Rental located in the Dreyfus University Center.
Public Computer Labs & Kiosks
- You can continue to use computers located in the campus Public Computer Labs.
- You can continue to use Kiosks located throughout the campus.
- You can no longer purchase software from the
Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog as a graduated student. To order materials from the Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog you must be registered for a class.
- You can continue to access the secure UWSP Wireless network when you are on-campus.
- You can continue to print to a computer lab printer from the wireless network at no charge.
- For information on wired guest network access visit our
Guest Logon Accounts page.
- For information on wireless guest network access visit our
Network & Wireless webpage
Almost all other UWSP services that require your UWSP credentials will also remain available to you until your network account is removed.
Have questions? Please contact the