What is Employee Self Service?
ESS (Employee Self Service) is housed within the Human Resource System (HRS). The program allows employees to enter their time and absences electronically while allowing managers to approve time and absence through the same system. ESS streamlines the approval process resulting in a quick turnaround time, with less chance of human error.
Accessing Employee Self Service
Access your timesheet and absence request and update your tax/W-4 and direct deposit information through My UW. Use your UWSP login and password to access.
UW System Service Center provides information and tips sheets for navigating and using My UW.
How do I Determine How Much Tax I
Should Have Withheld?
The Tax Withholding
Estimator is a tool on the IRS website designed to help you determine how
to have the correct amount of tax withheld from your paychecks so you don't
have too much or too little Federal income tax withheld.
Before you use the tax withholding estimator:
- Gather the most recent earnings
statements for yourself, and if you are married filing jointly, for your
information for other sources of income.
- Have your most recent income tax return available.
- Use whole dollar amounts in the estimator.
Announcement: Payroll Changes
In the coming
months there will be changes to your payroll. Review the information in
the web pages at the links below to find out how you will be affected by
Have Timesheet or Payroll Questions?
Faculty, Academic Staff, Graduate Assistants, and Limited
Contact Lisa Nelson at 715-346-2964 or firstname.lastname@example.org
University Staff (including University Staff Temporary Employees)
Aimee Schwichtenberg, 608 265-9050, is the primary bi-weekly employee payroll specialist. Aimee is a member of UW Shared Services.
When Aimee is out of the office, Tara Barbosa, 608 262-9474, is the backup contact at Shared Services.
Contact Jake Shearier at 715-346-4085 or email@example.com
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
• Please download and follow the verification request instructions (https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/docs/publications/voe-uws-pslf-request.pdf)
• Section 1 Borrower Identification and Section 2 Borrower Authorizations must be completed by the requestor.
• The Service Center will complete Section 3: Employment Information and Section 4: Employer Certification and return to the requestor.