Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 states:
"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
Learn more or get resources at TitleIX.com: https://www.titleix.comResources for Responding and Reporting
Title IX Coordinator:
Terri Frank, is UW-Stevens Point's Interim Title IX Coordinator. This role has primary responsibility for coordinating University Title IX compliance efforts, including oversight of implementation and monitoring of Title IX policy; coordination of training, education, and communications; and administration of grievance procedures regarding sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual assault.
Office Location: 133 Old Main
Office Phone: 715-346-3915
Deputy Title Coordinator:
Troy Seppelt, Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs and Dean of Students, is the Deputy Title IX Coordinator.
Office Location: 212 Old Main
Office Phone: 715-346-2611
Title IX Investigators: Individuals who investigate sexual harassment cases at UW-Stevens Point. Individuals are trained through ATIXA.
Terri Frank, Human Resources (on leave during Interim role)
Brittany Hook, Office of the Dean of Students
Ann Ninnemann, Athletics
Rebecca Rogge, Office of the Dean of Students
Lisa Schaufenbuel, Human Resources
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (UWSP) is committed to fostering an environment that is safe, respectful, and inclusive to all and to educate all employees on these important issues. In addition, we are obligated, under Regent policy and federal regulations, to ensure our employees are informed on the issues of unlawful discrimination, harassment, and sexual violence.
Employees and students are provided training to follow Title IX requirements and report Title IX violations.
For more information, see the Equity and Affirmative Action and Title IX About webpage and the HR Harassment, Discrimination, and Retaliation Prevention webpage.
- Complaints against students can originate with the Title IX Coordinator but should be referred to the Office of the Dean of Students for processing in accordance with Chapter UWS 17.
- Complaints against faculty can originate with the Title IX Coordinator and be investigated by their designee but must be consistent with Chapters UWS 4, 6 & 7.
- Complaints against members of the academic staff can originate with the Title IX Coordinator and be investigated by their designee but must be consistent with Chapters UWS 11 & 13.
- Complaints brought against affiliated members of the university can originate with the Title IX coordinator. The policy should note the limited ability of the university to respond to such complaints.
- Complaints may also be made to the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights at OCR@ed.gov or 800-421-3481, TDD 800-877-8339.
Source: Title IX Policy Guidance, UW System General Counsel, November 2013