M.S. in Sustainable and Resilient Food Systems: Apply Now

Admission Process and Requirements

Only complete application packets will be reviewed. A complete packet of materials includes: 

The items above can be submitted in any order. Don't hesitate to take the next step. Have questions? Contact Prof. Annie Wetter, graduate program coordinator, at awetter@uwsp.edu or 715-346-2108.

Apply for graduate study at UW-Stevens Point by submitting a UWSP Graduate Student Application, application fee, and official transcripts to the Graduate Admissions Office is required for the master's degree programs.

Strong applicants will have an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or above (based on a 4.0 scale), however probationary status may be granted for students with a GPA below 2.75.

Submit a letter of intent and resume to awetter@uwsp.edu.
  1. A letter of intent detailing your background qualifications, professional development, educational and career goals, and how this program fits into your future professional plans. Please provide specific examples.
  2. A current resume or curriculum vitae detailing your professional post-baccalaureate work experience.

International Students

The School of Health Sciences and Wellness does not conditionally admit international students for graduate study. International students should contact the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) to apply for non-conditional graduate admission.

100% online programs are not eligible for F-1 student visas. Homeland Security has determined that one does not need to be physically present in the U.S. to study in a fully online program. As a result, UWSP cannot offer F-1 status for enrollment in our Community and Organizational Leadership or Sustainable and Resilient Food Systems master’s programs.

Graduate Special Status

If you wish to take graduate courses but do not wish to pursue a master’s degree at UW-Stevens Point, you may register as a student with graduate special status. To attend UW-Stevens Point as a student with graduate special status, you must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. You do not need to complete a formal application process. You will be granted graduate special status when you register for classes. 

As a graduate special student you can enroll in graduate-level courses and receive graduate credit for teacher certification requirements or for personal enrichment. A maximum of 9 credits can apply toward a master’s degree provided they are approved by your adviser and fit within the seven-year time period. If you decide to pursue a master’s degree, it is in your best interest to change your status to graduate regular as soon as possible.  

Application Deadlines:
Fall Start: April 1 and July 1
Spring Start: Oct. 1
Program Home
Apply Now
Cost and Assistantships
5-Year Program Options
Contact Us
Student and Alumni Profiles
Online Student Support
Your Learning Community
Inquiry Form
Info Sessions
SHSW Graduate Programs Home