Designed for Your Work-Life Balance
This program maintains your work-life balance and is designed with busy professionals in mind. You will engage in live online classes and mentoring with experienced health and wellness experts and build relationships with peers in an empowering cohort learning community.
The program is comprised of four courses offered
100% online via a mix of scheduled two-hour live-interaction classes (via Zoom) and independent teaching and learning. Independent learning modules within every course are designed to be completed in approximately 30 minutes or less.
Complete this program for continuing education credits (CECs) and/or graduate credit; both options meet the standards of the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching (NBHWC) and equally prepare you to sit for the NBHWC exam.
- Earn up to 20 CECs in each course (80 in the full program)
- CECs available: ACSM, NBHWC, CHES/MCHES, NWI-CWP, SHRM
- No prerequisites or bachelor's degree required (high school diploma is required)
- Lower cost than graduate credit option
- Attend during the school year (September - May) or summer session (May - September)
- Your Health and Wellness Coaching certificate and credits earned appear on your university transcript
- Credits may transfer to master's programs, including at UW-Stevens Point:
- Financial aid available when concurrently accepted in a master's program
- Additional focus on research and new trends in evidenced-based practices
- Attend during the school year (Sept- May)
Note: An official transcript showing completion of a bachelor's degree is required for those interested in earning graduate credit. The transcript will be requested during the online registration process.
This program is ideal for:
- Physicians, physical and occupational therapists, nurses, physician assistants, chiropractors, nutritionists, dieticians, psychologists, social workers, counselors and other healthcare professionals seeking professional development in health and wellness coaching in order to improve patient outcomes.
- Physical fitness trainers, weight management coaches, and health and fitness coaches wanting to hone behavior change coaching skills.
- Entrepreneurs who want their own wellness coaching business.
NBHWC explains, "Health and wellness coaches partner with clients seeking self-directed, lasting changes, aligned with their values, which promote health and wellness, thereby enhance well-being."
The demand for professionals with health and wellness coaching skills is high. A January 2019 search on ziprecruiter.com found over 75,000 jobs seeking
health and wellness coaching skills.
Health and wellness coaches are employed by:
- hospitals, clinics, counseling and treatment centers
- employee assistance programs
- schools and universities
- insurance agencies
- social service agencies
- fitness centers
- U.S. military and VA