Application Open Date:
Decision Window for Early Admissions:
Dec. 1-Jan. 17
Final Admissions Deadline:
1. Official transcripts verifying completion of pre-requisites coursework including:
- Animal Biology*
- Human Anatomy**
- Human Physiology**
- Exercise Physiology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Nutrition
* Courses must include a laboratory component and be a minimum of 4 credits
** Applicants must complete a two-semester sequence of anatomy/physiology with lab. This can be a stand-alone anatomy course and a stand-alone physiology course or a two-semester combined anatomy/physiology course.
2. Professional References:
- Applicants are required to submit contact information of at least two professional references. Must include name and email.
- References will be contacted though ATCAS and asked to submit a letter of recommendation.
- The letters should address your potential for success in graduate school, as well as your academic and clinical performance and experience.
3. Written Essay:
- Applicants will write an academic essay regarding the role of athletic trainers within the medical team.
4. CPR Certification:
- Must have been completed in the past 2 years but does not need to be current at time of application.
- Must upload evidence of CPR certification dated within the past 2 years.
5. Observation Hours:
- Applicants should complete observations of athletic training practice with a certified athletic trainer.
- Clinical observations experienced as a high school student will not count towards required observation hours.
- Due to the current pandemic we will not require a specific number of observation hours. Please submit record of any hours you were able to observe due to the unique situation of the current pandemic.
5. Technical Standards Form:
- Applicants must sign and upload the Technical Standards Form into ATCAS.
Students must apply to the UWSP Graduate School (Graduate Study Application) as well as apply directly to the MS-AT program through ATCAS.
Upon acceptance to the MS-AT program, you must provide the following prior to starting courses. Applicants will be contacted by the MS-AT program to assist in this process.
- Verification of current physical examination by an approved health care provider (MD, DO, PA, CNP) confirming students meet the physical and mental abilities required of an athletic trainer.
- Provide current records of immunization history: including MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, adult dTap.
- Tuberculosis (TB) test within the past 12 months and documentation of annual TB test updates.
- Obtain antibody titers and/or influenza vaccine depending on requirements of assigned clinical sites.
- Complete a healthcare provider background check as required by regulations in Wisconsin Administrative Code Chapter HFS 12.
- Supply verification of personal healthcare provider liability insurance.
- Submit all health-related documentations/verifications to the Clinical Education Coordinator prior to the start of each summer semester.